I Feel Like A Traitor

Blackswan73

I have been a long time RS/Whistler user, although I have had a couple of Unidens, two 536’s which I hated the sound quality, and a HP2 which I loved. But my go to favorite was my 1095. Well I finally sold my HP and my 1095, which I ship out tomorrow. I took the proceeds and purchased a SDS200. My 1095 is looking at me with a wistful expression

B.S.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have been a long time RS/Whistler user, although I have had a couple of Unidens, two 536’s which I hated the sound quality, and a HP2 which I loved. But my go to favorite was my 1095. Well I finally sold my HP and my 1095, which I ship out tomorrow. I took the proceeds and purchased a SDS200. My 1095 is looking at me with a wistful expression

B.S.
How does the SDS compare to the BTT nano?

Blackswan73

Only reason I bought it is because neither the 1095 or the Nano will receive NXDN. So hence the SDS. I do have to use it with a Motorola speaker. Because the Uniden is way too bassy. A problem all the Uniden mobiles have, at least 536’s and SDS do. I assume from what I’ve read so do others

Dan

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
If I want to hear a lot of the analog stuff around here, one of the old standby's is up and running. Yeah, the NW Ohio system sounds awful, but it hears everything. My SDS200 sits there silent a lot of the time. If it didn't have some MPSCS stuff pop up on it sometimes, I would think that system isn't even on it. The PSR-500 is nearly nonstop with Michigan traffic from Ann Arbor, Monroe, etc, not to mention Ohio. The SDS is on a slightly better whip than the factory one, the PSR500 and/or PRO-106 are on various ducks, including the factory one. Both of my SDS200's are exactly the same, deaf.