• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I guess channel 19 is dead??? what are the truck drivers doing now?

niceguy71

This weekend, the solar flare has CB just about wiped out unless talking next door.
good to know.... I hardly ever have time to play with my CB... but I had a couple hours to work out in the garage this afternoon.... I just hooked up the DX901 Slowmover recommended and wanted to hear it... my Radiodditty CS-47 also arrived from Amazon this afternoon... it tested fine to and from my handheld CB's but I couldn't get a radio check .... I adjusted the squelch up on Channel 37 LSB on the Quad 5 and just left it on.... after an hour I never heard anyone so I put it on 19 AM and left it till 5 PM ... shut everything off and came in the house for supper.... I was wondering why it was so dead.

WSAC829

Even the Uniden 510 was sufficient for most casual users back in the day. The PC66 felt like a step up to luxury for many!!

But form factor doesn’t equal success…the Cobra 10 Plus was an audio disaster.
True. I had the pro520xl i used for a base station back around 1995. Clipped the modulation limiter and tossed a silver eagle d-104 desk mic on it. That little bugger screamed. Talked all over the world on that thing barefoot.

jzarick

Premium Subscriber
I'm a over the road driver for Walmart. Yes cb 19 for truckers is dead. Yes some of us still listen with the squelch up but it's not like the old days before cell phones, XM radio, podcasts, and audio books. Hard to get a radio break on the interstate unless they are right next to you.

niceguy71

I'm a over the road driver for Walmart. Yes cb 19 for truckers is dead. Yes some of us still listen with the squelch up but it's not like the old days before cell phones, XM radio, podcasts, and audio books. Hard to get a radio break on the interstate unless they are right next to you.
I said this on March 08 2024 and for the two or three months before that I found 19 had a noise floor of S10 to S15 PLUS all day long....... and a guy in the desert, non stop playing recorded CB chatter all day with MEGA watts..... but lately it's not been too bad I see S 7 most of the day but I hear people talking and I'm able to get to them and vise versa... so I retract my statement... don't get me wrong... every channel has S 3 or S 4 of noise and when you turn on channel 19 it jumps up to S 7 to S 9..... not perfect.... but's useable... at least the last month or so... but back in Jan, Feb, and March it was nothing but noise! and one mega watt station that took over the channel all the way from Mexico to Canada!... the rest of the channels had 3 or 4 noise... but it was BAD for a while!