i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cditty20

ok i have a radioshack PRO 433 i need to know a couple of things. i live in LaSalle County Illinois. I want to put the Illinois State Police District 17 in the scanner but the problem is its a motorola type 2 p25 system so how do you enter that into the radio because there is no p25 selection. i put all the frequencies in under the type 2 system 800mhz but its not working also i have a lot of 155. whatever mhz channels how far do i extend my attenna to montior both the truncked channels i tried entering and the convential channels?
anyone who can help

thanks

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It cannot do P25 - you cannot listen to that system on your scanner.

cditty20

I think you are out of luck. Read this Pro-433 - The RadioReference Wiki However if you try it just put them in FM mode but I don't think your scanner will do P25

i think so too i was hoping someone might of figured a way to do it i hate this radio shack junk i like the uniden bearcat BCD996t better at the shop u can name the channel so when something comes up it tells me what county and what police department

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
i think so too i was hoping someone might of figured a way to do it i hate this radio shack junk i like the uniden bearcat BCD996t better at the shop u can name the channel so when something comes up it tells me what county and what police department

Why are you calling this radio junk? There are many areas of the country where this radio will work just fine. You are comparing a $200 radio, made by Uniden, with a $500 radio, also made by Uniden. Radio Shack currently has a number of radios that have the alpha tags and even has a $500 radio that does digital with alpha tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.