I need to have my Uniden Police Scanner program

mds7558s2

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I have a situation, I just purchase the Uniden BCD325P2 police scanner and trying to get it working. I have searched for the frequencies, I wanted in my system, but when I plugged them in, I get nothing. I really need help. I'm trying to monitor the following channels: Richmond VA, Police, VCU police, Chesterfield County Police, Henrico police, and also the fire department.

Can anyone assist.

TJX400

Unfortunately, in 2018-ish, Chesterfield, Henrico & Richmond police all encrypted their talkgroups. VCU police are still clear. All of the fire departments are in the clear as well. You should be able to import the talkgroups and systems you need from Sentinel's database. There are several videos on YouTube on how to work with the Sentinel software.

TJX400

My apologies, misread it as one of the HP series... Freescan will in fact work. If you purchase a Premium RadioReference account you can import data from the database.

mds7558s2

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, in 2018-ish, Chesterfield, Henrico & Richmond police all encrypted their talkgroups. VCU police are still clear. All of the fire departments are in the clear as well. You should be able to import the talkgroups and systems you need from Sentinel's database. There are several videos on YouTube on how to work with the Sentinel software.
Thanks, for the information, I'm new to this hobby. when I sign up for the premium subscription, would they have instructions on how to download the frequencies to my scanner?

vavolff

Transcending Shower and Curtain
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, for the information, I'm new to this hobby. when I sign up for the premium subscription, would they have instructions on how to download the frequencies to my scanner?
First off, welcome to the hobby! It's a lot of fun, but can get expensive. The 352P2 is an excellent choice for an entry level scanner and works quite well. I own one myself, got it on the super cheap and hasn't let me down (yet lol). One thing to keep in mind, these scanners have a learning curve and you'll want to put some time in. A little trial and error will also aid you in knowledge. Here's a link to Proscan, its the programming software I swear by. I find it easy to use and is stuff with features, but it also has a bit of a learning curve. They have a 30 day free trial, and I believe its $50 for a lifetime of program updates. Trust me, trying to program the 352P2 via keypad is a chore. But great when you need to program something on the fly. Hope this helps to get you going! Link: Pro Scan

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
First off, welcome to the hobby! It's a lot of fun, but can get expensive.
Got that right!

Welcome to the RR forums @mds7558s2. Having a look at your county's trunked radio system I'm seeing mode "DE" talkgroups for your law enforcement agencies of interest meaning full encryption = game over with monitoring. You'll only be able to track mode "D" talkgroups but you'll likely encounter simulcast distortion which may severely inhibit your monitoring efforts with a 325p2 if you're within range of two or more simulcasting cells. Plenty of discussion about it here on the forums, search and you'll find it. Ultimately you'd be much better off with an SDS100 (or 200) to bring simulcast systems in.