ID-880H Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

john56

I programmed a new 2 meter D-Star frequency that our club got going, but when I key to transmit, I get
the word "OFF" shows in the display. What the heck does that mean??? I can transmit fine on our
440 D-Star,but not on 2 meter.....has me really confused....

Thanks for any help,

John KD8BIN

ermin

I programmed a new 2 meter D-Star frequency that our club got going, but when I key to transmit, I get
the word "OFF" shows in the display. What the heck does that mean??? I can transmit fine on our
440 D-Star,but not on 2 meter.....has me really confused....

Thanks for any help,

John KD8BIN

What is the frequency you are trying to use? Normally when a radio says "OFF" it is trying to transmit outside the band limits. Maybe you have the offset wrong?

Ermin

john56

The frequency is 146.835 and I am using a " - " offset....maybe it is +??

I don't know..

John KD8BIN

P.S. That might be the problem....DUH!!! I put in a -5 for offset which would put it around 139.00 input...

Need to pay attention more! Thanks for the info....

John KD8BIN

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Vhf offset is usually 0.600MHz not 5.000MHz. The 2m hamband is only 4Mhz so no matter what the output is the transmit MUST be something less than 4Mhz. While 0.600MHz offset is the 'norm' This is not always true, and could be something different.

Check with the repeater owner to see what the actual repeater receive and transmit frequencies are and do the math to determin the transmit offset.

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
Think I hit enter key by mistake. Lets try this again.
Off means your attempting to transmit out of the 2 meter band. You transmit freq is incorrect beyond the legal band of 2 meters. Carefully recheck you freq entry and offset. You made an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.