ID Tracker III Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

Does anyone have detailed instructions for using the ID Tracker III software for my BCD436HP scanner?

I have installed it and tried getting my scanner into Serial Mode by going to Device Manager-Ports-Uniden Serial Port (COM 12). I have the driver installed. It will not connect to the ID Tracker III software.

There are no instructions that I can find.

Thanks, Bob.

BobFam

What is confusing it says:

ID Tracker III is the latest in the line of ID Tracker software. It was written to use the Windows .Net framework in order to maintain compatibility with the latest versions of Microsoft Windows. The most recent versions were written in Visual Studio 2017 and has been tested on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit). For older version of Windows, please use ID Tracker and ID Tracker II.

Features

• Supports scanners:
    PSR-500/600, PRO-106/197, BCT8, BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC898T, BCD996T, BCD996XT (also, non-US versions of these scanners)
  • Supports Motorola Type I, Type II, Type IIi, EDACS, EDACS SCAT, LTR and Motorola P25 trunked systems.
It also says it in the download. It has a window in Settings to set the BCD436HP and the COM port.

Regards, Bob.

a417

U+0000
I have seen some software have issues with higher COM port numbers, where poorly coded programs can't address a com port >4 or such. This may be one, not having run it...i can't say for sure.

BobFam

ID Tracker III will work higher COM port numbers. A lot of effort went into making this happen. This issue is making sure you have the correct COM Port and Baud Rate settings.
I have it set to a baud rate of 9,600 and COM 12. It will not connect to Serial port. Any help? Bob.

BobFam

Great program David.

I use it every day! (y)
Can't Get it to Detect Hits

Hi doctordialtone. I see you are a user. I have a BCD436HP. I have id Tracker III installed.
I cannot detect any hits while listening to a Glendale PD Trunked System, or any other system. I can see the frequencies while it's scanning. I can control the scanner from the Virtual Window. How do I get it to display the hits. I have tried everything. Great program if I can see how to use it. Thanks, Bob.

I see you are a user. I have a BCD436HP. I have id Tracker III installed.
I'm not sure why you're not getting hits to show.

I don't have a 436HP scanner to try it out.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

Does the yellow bar turn RED during transmissions?

Maybe try F7 (Enable Logging)

a417

U+0000
Are you actually receiving the system, like do you hear audio?

BobFam

Are you actually receiving the system, like do you hear audio?
Screenshot
Here is a screenshot. I get the yellow vertical bar. It moves up and down. It does not turn red when I get an audio transmission. The audio is OK. I have tried F7 to no avail. I get no hits showing the TGID's in the area I have noted in red. Bob.

Attachments

• id tracker III.jpg
    id tracker III.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.