Ideas for setting up railroad scanning on Uniden BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canvoodoo

I have just purchased a used Uniden BCT15, which I am intending to use for scanning railroad communication (among other things).

I have a basic idea of how to go about doing this, and access to a database of local railroad frequencies (courtesy of the 2014 edition of the Canadian Trackside Guide).

I would be interested in hearing how other people have set up their scanners for railroad use, and any programming tips they can offer. I'm a relative newbie to the current generation of scanners.

Martin

svfd17

What I usually do is program a bank with some of the frequencies for my area, then I program a second bank of all 97 channels which comes in handy if I am traveling. And if I have the space I will program all of the narrowband channels as well.

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery

akuter

Premium Subscriber
Push: Menu button
Search for....
Edit Service
Railroad
Search with Scan
Set Lockout(on this menu set Hold time to 0)scans faster
Unlocked push(E)nter
Processing will come up
Push Resume.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
What I usually do is program a bank with some of the frequencies for my area, then I program a second bank of all 97 channels which comes in handy if I am traveling. And if I have the space I will program all of the narrowband channels as well.

Same here I have done the same with my radios. We do alot of railfanning in the summer so when we are on the move I run the all channel bank.

omrail

I have a basic idea of how to go about doing this, and access to a database of local railroad frequencies (courtesy of the 2014 edition of the Canadian Trackside Guide).

Martin

I take it your from Canada. If from Alberta I have all of the CPR subs in Alberta in the database.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Most guys I know either set up banks by railroad or by state, then additional banks with the 97 AAR channels in the correct order.

Canvoodoo

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. It sounds like what I was intending to do is pretty much what everyone else does.

Sometimes, there may be wrinkles that aren't immediately apparent when you get into a new area, so it never hurts to ask a veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.