If you need a good indoor antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
If your looking for a good indoor antenna, I would suggest you seriously consider a diamond D220R. Been using mine for a week. I mounted it on a 6 foot floor lamp that I gutted so just the base and pole. Have it set by my chair so am able to use a 4 foot jumper. I live just north of Clearwater. Using my 436, am picking up Hennepin County fire pager, allot of P25 from the metro and some Mpls air traffic. Counld not hear any of that with my comet antenna. I use my Icom R30 also. Purchased the 220R to get me by until spring when I plan on getting a full size discone. Then will use the 220R for my camping trips. Have it sitting pretty much in the center of the living room. Have read allot of posts in radio reference about how good this antenna is. You won’t go wrong buying this antenna, provided you can find one. Took me a month to find one. There is an older version called D220. The R version changed a little on the top element.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Great idea, did not know of this mini-discone, but indoor antennas have some great advantages: 1) short coax run, 2) no worries when the weather is bad, 3) you can move 'em around for best indoor reception, 4) you can experiment with different pre-amps without climbing the roof.

I've built some beam VHF/UHF antennas and mounted 'em on a camera tripod and turn by hand. Having the antenna at arm's length has it's merits.

Have fun with your antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.