Ignoring Sentinel Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

My new 536 seems to be ignoring part of the profile data sent via Sentinel.

It loads my custom opening screen, but it does not enable all of the service types that I have checked in the profile.

Also, with "Show Radio ID" enabled (via the scanner's menu), I am not seeing RIDs on my display.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If there are no active channels having a given Service Type in your Favorites List, they will have "---" if you go to the scanner menu and Select Service Types.

For example I have no HAM frequencies in any of the Favorites Lists in my active profile. When I go to the scanner menu and move to Select Service Types, I'll see "---" for HAM.

Radio IDs are only active for Motorola, EDACS and APCO P25 trunked systems as the unit number is part of the data stream in the control channel. You won't see Unit ID on conventional frequencies even though they may be digital channels.

D

DaveNF2G

If there are no active channels having a given Service Type in your Favorites List, they will have "---" if you go to the scanner menu and Select Service Types.

OK, that makes more sense. Thanks.

Radio IDs are only active for Motorola, EDACS and APCO P25 trunked systems as the unit number is part of the data stream in the control channel. You won't see Unit ID on conventional frequencies even though they may be digital channels.

Yes, I know, and I am scanning multiple systems of those types. There should also be RIDs on the DMR systems. I see none anywhere.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
On my profile, the the Display Options tab, I have Display Mode set to "Mode 2 (Unit ID Mode) and 3 Line Mode set to Off.

The Radio Unit ID numbers show up as (in my local P25 TRS system's case) as 6 digit number in the bottom row, left side. I've been able to "translate" a number of them into alpha tags and in that situation the alpha tag shows up instead of a number.

N0BDW

On my profile, the the Display Options tab, I have Display Mode set to "Mode 2 (Unit ID Mode) and 3 Line Mode set to Off.

The Radio Unit ID numbers show up as (in my local P25 TRS system's case) as 6 digit number in the bottom row, left side. I've been able to "translate" a number of them into alpha tags and in that situation the alpha tag shows up instead of a number.

Yep -- that is my configuration as well. With 3 line mode set to on no unit IDs appear.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Best guess then is no ID information is coming in. Are you sure that the system you wish to monitor is one of the types that "does" radio IDs that can be decoded by the scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.