IH49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Today, I was monitoring various agencies from Joplin to KC. If I am not mistaken, I heard a noticeable amount of DMR sounds on IH49 north to KC. However, I did not see many DMR systems submitted for this area. I noticed weird sounds along the route. I believe some of these may have been coming from Kansas.

TheBoz

KCP&L has DMR systems located in Vernon county and a few other counties north and east of the Nevada area, KAMO Electric has Kenwood systems in Bates, Vernon, Barton, and probably others I'm not sure of. These are all vhf, there is another utility company that has a DMR system, but I can't remember who it was right off hand, but is is in the same area.

iamhere300

Today, I was monitoring various agencies from Joplin to KC. If I am not mistaken, I heard a noticeable amount of DMR sounds on IH49 north to KC. However, I did not see many DMR systems submitted for this area. I noticed weird sounds along the route. I believe some of these may have been coming from Kansas.

Frequencies? Bands?

TheBoz

I'm out of town today, but when I get back, I'll put a list together, it may take a day or two, they all are on vhf most around 151-154 MHz, and a few around 160.

TheBoz

On the M&NA Railroad, we just use analog channels, but up in Kansas City, I've heard NXDN when I've been channel surfing on the locomotive radio while waiting. KCS runs along the western edge of Missouri, near the state line, they might use NXDN. I know that Vernon county ambulance does use Kenwood Nexedge on 154.4225.

TheBoz

The only KCP&L frequencies I have been able to get so far, and they are all DMR, are 153.445, 153.620, 160.095 and 160.200, it is a trunked system and the control channel varies between frequencies. KAMO is Nexedge, I'm still trying to get some of the frequencies for it, they have several, and it is a trunking system as well, mostly in the 151-153 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.