IHERN Statewide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnik

Database Admin
User @DiGiTaLD and myself have been discussing the IHERN listings on the Common/Shared (Statewide) page, and have come to the conclusion that most of the PL info is deprecated at best, and completely incorrect at worst. Most of the traffic heard is now carrier squelch only, and with SAFE-T, IDPS and the other smaller regional systems dominating the Indiana scene, we were discussing moving the IHERN tone information (which does have some good historical context) to the Wiki.

Rather than act unilaterally, I was hoping to get some info from the group before proceeding. With that in mind.

1. Are we off base? Are PL tones in use in your area? If so, is the listing accurate?

2. Should the tones be migrated to the wiki? Give us your input.

3. Is there any information you could add that might change our intentions? Share it!

Matt

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
155.34 210.7 is listed on the Vigo County page and is still in use by Union Hospital in Terre Haute. I just checked the common/statewide page and it has it incorrectly listed as CSQ. Unsure on TH Regional as I was never close enough to hear it.

usswood

155.34 210.7 is listed on the Vigo County page and is still in use by Union Hospital in Terre Haute. I just checked the common/statewide page and it has it incorrectly listed as CSQ. Unsure on TH Regional as I was never close enough to hear it.
210.7 is base only...we get a lot of Illinois mobile units that transmit CSQ because they use a different tone for Illinois Hospitals, that is why it shows CSQ... So radios at the Hospitals, Regional, Union and Union Clinton must be recieve as CSQ also to hear all the different tones from outside agencies

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There is an STATEWIDE tone that is in use at most facilities. That is the 210.7 CTCSS. That is not just base stations, that is also mobiles/ht's (See Johnson County Fire/EMS set ups for that ***incorrectly listed at first as just for Johnson Co.***). As mentioned, this is to differentiate from the other State's EMS services. In areas with multiple hospitals and NOT using TRS, there is still some use of an different CTCSS/DCS for each ED/ER for "local agencies". As more and more ED/ER's are moved to the TRS's this is fading into history. Just a note about use of CSQ blanket here in the Midwest... This would be a stupid thing to rely on as lets say Eskanazi ED would always be talking to say Goombah EMS out of Springfield, IL, or Doofus ALS from St. Louis, MO due to ducting.

Mattnik

Database Admin
There is an STATEWIDE tone that is in use at most facilities. That is the 210.7 CTCSS. That is not just base stations, that is also mobiles/ht's (See Johnson County Fire/EMS set ups for that ***incorrectly listed at first as just for Johnson Co.***). As mentioned, this is to differentiate from the other State's EMS services. In areas with multiple hospitals and NOT using TRS, there is still some use of an different CTCSS/DCS for each ED/ER for "local agencies". As more and more ED/ER's are moved to the TRS's this is fading into history. Just a note about use of CSQ blanket here in the Midwest... This would be a stupid thing to rely on as lets say Eskanazi ED would always be talking to say Goombah EMS out of Springfield, IL, or Doofus ALS from St. Louis, MO due to ducting.

@milf Actually I've heard from a source at Eskanazi that they are absolutely CSQ only. I'm not in favor one way or another but it's hard to deny that the statewide list is apocryphal.

Again IMHO I'd rather have the tones listed on each county page. If I'm making a trip to Ft Wayne for example, and I choose to download and program the Allen Co page, I'd prefer to only hear Allen County on IHERN, in which case the tones would make sense. I know the push to make statewide frequencies listed on the state pages, and I am in agreement with the thinking behind it, but I think the tones issue is more of a local preference. I doubt I download the entire state's worth of tones to place in a scanner. Would you? Is it just me that thinks like this?

Matt

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
I second the idea of putting specific tones under their respective counties. The Terre Haute listing with 210.7 is already on the Vigo County page and the statewide page. Definitely helped me when I first went out there rather then having to sort through the massive statewide page.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Probably good idea to have only the statewide 210.7 as the state listing and put individual back on county pages.. Gonna mean work to break it all back down after whoever set up the big list lol. Wasnt me on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.