I'm back with a new scanner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I've missed all of you! :)

I've pretty much been off-line for awhile. I've renewed my RR membership today.

After selling off all my scanner/radio gear several months ago, I ordered a new Uniden SDS200 from Scanner Master today that should arrive in a few days. I can't wait to get back in the hobby with everything that's been going on. I got tired listening to all the gloom & doom on AM talk-radio, although I love my new C Crane CCRadio 3B . The conspiracies are running rampant. Back to the real things to worry about.

Lots going on. My wife had a stroke three weeks ago but is doing fairly well all things considered. So far some vision problems in her one and only good eye and she's having difficulty reading. My two sons have been having to work during the virus quagmire. Scary times indeed! I hope everyone and their families are doing well during the crisis and life will return to some semblance of normality soon!

Bill C.

GrumpyGuard

Bill,
Welcome back. Sorry to hear that your wife had a stroke, I pray that she will recover. With your son's working, I hope they have been provided PPE from their employer's. My son works for one of the County Police Departments in Georgia and if he is lucky they will issue one mask to each officer each week, if they have them to give out.

Bill I hope you have a great day.

Matt

Premium Subscriber
Welcome back Sir. Thoughts and prayers and good JuJu being sent your way.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Welcome back, very sorry to hear about your wife and glad that things are coming along.

You will enjoy your new radio... Bob.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bill-

Glad you're back. Sorry to hear the news about your wife--we'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Please take care, during these weird times!

N4DJC

Welcome back, hope you enjoy the SDS200 as much as I have mine. Best wishes and prayers that your wife’s recovery goes well.

scanmanmi

I hate to say it but I didn't notice you were gone since I've been reading so many of your valuable posts from the past. One time I was reading some others' posts and noticed the avatar said Silent Key. Strange how our words will outlive us.
Welcome back for sure.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for the prayers, well wishes and kind words. I'll turn 70 next month God willing. I have very few local friends left these days so it means a lot that I have friends here on RR. My wife is making some progress slowly but progress just the same. So we're very hopeful it continues. We'll be celebrating our 43'rd wedding anniversary next month and I feel very lucky to be married to such a wonderful person!

My new SDS200 was delivered today and I have it up and running. I'll start a new thread in the appropriate forum regarding it after I play with it awhile. So far, it's great!

Thanks again,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.