I'm moving on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
And so, another thread completely removed from this forum this time. Offended most likely because someone was questioned, as well as some questionable links on this site that were NOT shut down, such as obtaining false passports and the "locked" thread ratio to 3 foreign forums.

I have other sites and hobbies. I will not be censored for doing or saying no wrong. I will keep my subscription here for access to the database, but thats all. Greg

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
don't let the little things in life bother you, my post get deleted daily on here...just suck it up :)
Maybe not daily but I've had a few posts that were jettisoned into cyberspace, also. Stuff happens. If that's the worst that ever happens to me, I'll be fine.

Overall, I think the moderators are just doing their job.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
And so, another thread completely removed from this forum this time. Offended most likely because someone was questioned, as well as some questionable links on this site that were NOT shut down, such as obtaining false passports and the "locked" thread ratio to 3 foreign forums.

Let me address these falsehoods:

The threads with questionable links were closed and deleted. Unfortunately, during some troubleshooting of a Moderation Queue issue, these threads became visible again. Since the threads in question were old and would take considerable time to track them all down, it was decided to leave them as is. The example thread posted was from 2016. Only someone with too much time on their hands would go on a mission to search them out.

The threads in the foreign forums are locked since they haven't seen any activity in over 6 months. It's normal policy to lock threads that haven't seen any activity in over 6 months in *any* forum. If there are no posts in the forum for over 6 months, then of course, all the threads would be locked. Pretty simple to figure out but unfortunately, some members can't figure this out.

And I did ask greggk what thread was removed from forum so I could investigate and he's yet to respond. As far as I can tell from the logs, nothing was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.