Indianapolis Colts issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I don't hear anything from Lucas Oil, I probly wont hear anything from the Colts ether.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
7001 WEST 56TH
INDIANAPOLIS IN 46254
Callsign: WQJI531
Radio Service: IG-Conventional Industrial/Business Pool
PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM.
TWO WAY RADIO DEVICES WILL BE USED
FOR GAME DAY COMMUNCATIONS FACILITATING
ADMINSTRATIVE SUPPORT, SECURITY DEPARTMENT,
SITE FACILITES, STAFF COORDINATIONS,
ON FIELD OPERATIONS, AND EQUIPMENT MANAGERS.
Action: ISSUED Area of Operation
1 FIXED 394538.2N 086951.7W INDIANAPOLIS MARION IN
2 MOBILE 9.0 KMRA around site 1
FB2 451.95000
FB2 452.35000
FB2 461.66250
FB2 462.42500
FB2 463.71250
FB2 464.96250

df

Viper43

your point?
#1: The Colts use a system that cannot be monitored by scanner during games, and Lucas Oil stadium is on MECA just as the old RCA Dome and can be monitored.

#2: the majority of comms from Colts offices/practice complex are just security for that location ie: low power, and even some of that is on MECA as off duty officers work security there. Game days they have on duty and off duty officers, same for media events.

V

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm going to suggest that there are many radio systems being used at a home Colts game:

1. MECA - Outside traffic control, outside and inside public safety
2. Lucas Oil Stadium - Administration, operations, and maintenance
3. NFL - Operations and sideline-to-player comms (which are encrypted).
4. Broadcast TV - Operations and field reporters
5. Colts - Operations and administration (the license noted above)
6. Visiting team - same as #5

Viper43

team game operations are two fold, #1 hard line to and from the upper level coaches #2 over the air to the QB's which is encrpyted

V

W9NES

You will not hear anything unless you are near or can see Lucas Oil stadium.This goes back to the line of sight issue. there is no way that you can monitor had line communications or encrpyted communications.this is the reason why during live telecast of Colts football games on CBS you will see Motorola headsets being used.

N9WP

I'm just wondering if you guys noticed this or not but I tried to listen to MECA-2 during the game Sunday and didn't notice the old RCA-Dome talkgroups being active. Normally there is tons of chatter during a game. Last night I checked the UHF frequencies for the Lucas Oil statium and heard nothing. Has anyone confirmed this new system yet and where all the maintenance, vending, etc stuff has gone? If someone has, it really needs added to the database section.

Thanks,

SCPD

QRT
I'm just wondering if you guys noticed this or not but I tried to listen to MECA-2 during the game Sunday and didn't notice the old RCA-Dome talkgroups being active. Normally there is tons of chatter during a game. Last night I checked the UHF frequencies for the Lucas Oil statium and heard nothing. Has anyone confirmed this new system yet and where all the maintenance, vending, etc stuff has gone? If someone has, it really needs added to the database section.

Thanks,

They are no longer on MECA sys 2 they do use the UHF BUT it is lower power most of it is simplex and some are on the trunked but not used much they are still working on it. Over time it may pick up a little more. I can pick them up on the north side of INDY and when I went to the colts pre season game opener in Lucas I listened down there as well on the UHF side. PD OPS are all on MECA SYS 1 DIGITAL for down there but every one else is off there.

Viper43

No more RCA Dome=No more TG's, those radios are from what I heard now "spares" for IMPD and so forth.

V

I'm just wondering if you guys noticed this or not but I tried to listen to MECA-2 during the game Sunday and didn't notice the old RCA-Dome talkgroups being active.Thanks,

N9WP

Thanks W8FCC and Viper43, I'm a couple miles South of Lebanon so I might be on the fringe, I'll give that Lucas Oil system a shot with my outside antenna instead of my duckie during the next home game. It was fun listening to all the "behind the scenes" chatter during games and events on MECA2, especially since I'm able to receive MECA2 with just a duckie.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
New issue pending

File Number: 0003654330
Licensee: Indianapolis Colts Flight Department
Radio Service: AF Aeronautical and Fixed
Address: Indianapolis International Airport
Coordinates: 34° 43' 29.0" N, 86° 16' 11.0" W
Frequency: 122.77500000
(can't read File number data on this Sunday morning)

W9NES

Thanks dfoutch for the listing for the colts flight department.I will put it in my Aircraft scanner and see what I hear after it gets approved.

DiGiTaLD

Trbo

I don't hear anything from Lucas Oil, I probly wont hear anything from the Colts ether.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
7001 WEST 56TH
INDIANAPOLIS IN 46254
Callsign: WQJI531
If you look this license up in ULS, you'll see that the emission designator is 7K60FXE, which means that it's a MotoTRBO system. If you want to monitor it, you'll need a MotoTRBO radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.