Information about ID-Search on the 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Can some of you fine folks point me to and area where i can read up on how to work ID-Search on the 996XT Base. I misplaced the CD that came with the machine and need to learn how this all works.

Thanks

captclint

Mentor
Can some of you fine folks point me to and area where i can read up on how to work ID-Search on the 996XT Base.
It's fairly simple. When you run IDseach on any trunking system, it will stop on any active talkgroup. You don't need to program any TGID's. As you find out which ones you DON't want, you can hit the lock-out button twice and it will never stop on those again. I mostly monitor LTR systems, and there are always new users being added on a weekly basis. For Public safety trunking systems, they are pretty stable, and in this case, you want to enter all the TGID's that you DO want to listen, and switch to IDscan. The radio will only pick up on the ones you programmed.
BTW, you can add descriptions to some or all TGID's that you know of, and those you find in IDsearch, and ID search will display the Alpha tags in IDsearch mode(unless you have locked them out).

ID Scan/Search (no EDACS SCAT) sets whether the scanner scans the programmed ID groups (ID Scan) or searches for all IDs (ID Search) in a trunking system. The default setting is ID search.
Scroll to 'ID Scan/Search' and press E/.
Scroll to 'ID Scan' or 'ID Search' and press E/ to save and exit.

Note: You can also toggle this while scanning each trunked system by pressing then Scan/Srch.

Last edited:

Highpockets

Can some of you fine folks point me to and area where i can read up on how to work ID-Search on the 996XT Base. I misplaced the CD that came with the machine and need to learn how this all works.

Thanks

If your scannig a trunked system (ID Scan), and want to switch to ID Search for that system, hit the Func button and then the Scan/Search key. Do the same to return to ID Scan.

mrkelso

Ok got it
Thanks to everyone for the help. And the for the link to the easier to read manual

Status
Not open for further replies.