input needed on Ant

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Cheap Chinese Antenna.

Not sure how/where you are going to mount it, but there's some issues...
-It's a 1/4 wave VHF antenna, but that mount is not going to provide a ground plane on its own. That's going to reduce performance.
-If that's being mounted outside, or on a vehicle, the underside of the NMO mount is not waterproof, and that's going to result in damaged cable if it gets damp.
-Price is a solid "meh". You could do better with name brand gear for similar price.

FCVPI99

Cheap Chinese Antenna.

Not sure how/where you are going to mount it, but there's some issues...
-It's a 1/4 wave VHF antenna, but that mount is not going to provide a ground plane on its own. That's going to reduce performance.
-If that's being mounted outside, or on a vehicle, the underside of the NMO mount is not waterproof, and that's going to result in damaged cable if it gets damp.
-Price is a solid "meh". You could do better with name brand gear for similar price.
its in my attic mounted to a 2 by 4 with a 4 inch screw C clamp works good (gets what i needed it to get - freeport Rochelle and west Mchenry County) after about 100 times moving it lol what would be a good ground plain for it ? if i can get more out of it that would be great id like to get dekalb county in better

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
its in my attic mounted to a 2 by 4 with a 4 inch screw C clamp works good (gets what i needed it to get - freeport Rochelle and west Mchenry County) after about 100 times moving it lol what would be a good ground plain for it ? if i can get more out of it that would be great id like to get dekalb county in better

Put at least 3 18" long metal rods 120º apart attached to the bracket.
Or, a piece of sheet metal 36" across with the antenna in the center.
Or aluminum window screen
Or aluminum foil
Or scrap wire.
Just make sure it's connected to the bracket.

It might improve performance a bit. A 1/4 wave is going to be looking for a ground plane under it.