WS1065: INSIDE the Usb Cable for WS1065

Bugspro

Premium Subscriber
I buy a WS1065 fews days a go. I Open the programming cable (Whistler). Inside is FTDI chip... and it's work with ButelArc500 and PSREDT 500 very good. I have Order in march 2020 a Original cable (04A19) with white seal (see pics) from Whistler. But I can't use this cable with ARC500 and only read and Write with PSREdit500. Also this Cable give me CYPRESS driver...not FTDI driver. The pics inside from a RadioShack 20-546 Cable, I'ts the same board then Whistler. Also i use a after marker 20-546 cable from Ebay seller. It's a real FTDI cable and it's work #1 with Arc500 and PSREdit500.

Attachments

Last edited:

TAbirdman

The image with the cable that has the white dot on it. From seeing the large insert Whistler sends with the scanners, that indicates ( as you mentioned; a different chipset) that you have to reconfigure the software to get it to download to the scanner.

Bugspro

Premium Subscriber
The image with the cable that has the white dot on it. From seeing the large insert Whistler sends with the scanners, that indicates ( as you mentioned; a different chipset) that you have to reconfigure the software to get it to download to the scanner.
Yes and i try many cenario and the cable won't work with Butel Arc500,and he don't find com port.