• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Installation helpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Lets start a thread about people that would be willing to help others install radios, scanners, and antennas..

I'm open for my area.. mobile or base...

Anyone else???

Those looking for help must remember that not everyone works for free...

In my case... I work for grilled beef :lol:

Any chance of a mod or admin makin this sticky if it takes off???

KC0QNB

Not a bad idea, but from what I can tell from users here might be too few and far between, but for the sake of discussion, I can help in central Nebraska, but only on weekends and if the work is not outside of 100 miles or so.
Ryan

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
But you always have the lurkers who read and never post. People looking for install hints...

I found this board via Google, I'm sure others have too, I just stuck around...:D

andy404ns

I'll help out in central/northern Connecticut but I take no responsibility for my work. Unless I somehow manage to do a good job.

EncryptionMan

Just a thought.

When you start doing work for other people you open your self up to a situation of being held liable if anything were to go wrong. Radio shops hold insurance policy's and write contracts that protect them (and the customer) if anything were to go wrong even down the road due to their install. A person doing the work on the side would not have such protection (unless you had a shop of course)

I know that sounds paranoid but just something to think about before helping someone out.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I have been working part time for a large public safety installation shop for over 10 years. I do the occasional side job for people but that is only spread by word of mouth and reputation.

That being said. A experenced installer who does his work according to manufacturers spec and fuses equipment at the rated amps. Should not have any issues. There are plenty of hacks in this business and friend of a friend who put a stereo in his sisters car so he can install a full communications package.

Ive fixed plenty of " the other guys" disasters.

JC1956

I would help out also in New Jersey but limited time. Have background in installations having worked for a Motorola shop. I also do occasional installs for people I know
did installs for undercover vehicles,fire trucks . Would specialize in scanners, antennas, emergency lighting, and sirens. But like its been mention before, liability is the key word.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
FFPM571 said:
I have been working part time for a large public safety installation shop for over 10 years. I do the occasional side job for people but that is only spread by word of mouth and reputation.

That being said. A experenced installer who does his work according to manufacturers spec and fuses equipment at the rated amps. Should not have any issues. There are plenty of hacks in this business and friend of a friend who put a stereo in his sisters car so he can install a full communications package.

Ive fixed plenty of " the other guys" disasters.

How about a county fire engine that a friend who was a volunteer fireman and I fixed gratis..

Passenger floorboard had exposed wires, all sorts of hazards.

When we were done we had REMOVED 17 YARDS of un-needed wiring, fixed 2 flashlight chargers that were "dead" and had all the lights working the way they were supposed to.. and the install was done by a "professional shop"...

And I'm secure enough in my skills that I'm not afraid of my work going out in the real world. I've hundreds of installs out there roaming the real world...

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm available in Little River,SC (Horry County or surrounding area) - have all the tools to do most installs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.