Interference in lower VHF band.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else experience significant interference across the lower VHF band? (25-54MHz is where I mostly hear it)

It's so bad some days it can sometimes bleed through the PL on certain frequencies I have programmed. I can't even quick search across the band cause it just stops on nearly every single frequency with terrible noise.

I can't find the source. Has anyone every experienced this in this band area and identified the source(s)?

Thank you!

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Yes we all have experienced. If using scanner off AC power source that can happen if you don't have a well shielded power supply. I've also gotten it off of cheap 12 volt battery chargers and computer power supply. Yeah almost anything with ac power running through it could make noise if close enough to the antenna or receiver.

If you have a decently located outdoor antenna rising noise floor is also a good sign of propagation opening up.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I can't find the source. Has anyone every experienced this in this band area and identified the source(s)?

Welcome to low band. High noise floor is one of the issues with it.

Having a good antenna can give you a strong enough signal to overcome some of it, but what you are experiencing is common for most scanner listeners.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Anyone else experience significant interference across the lower VHF band? (25-54MHz is where I mostly hear it)

It's so bad some days it can sometimes bleed through the PL on certain frequencies I have programmed. I can't even quick search across the band cause it just stops on nearly every single frequency with terrible noise.

Thank you!
Do your neighbors have solar panels???? What PL tones are affected???