Interop map

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Main areas are divided by the Actual MSWIN Zones... Phase 1/Z1, Phase 2/Z2, Phase 3/Z3. Pretty much literally one third of the state in each. I will look in the MS DPS stuff and see if I can find an halfway recent map.

INDY72

No problem. At least those are accurate.. The MSWIN coverage map is very out of date. And there are 3 new sites that should all be fully online by late fall, early winter. Parchamnn (which brings MDOC on..) Camp Shelby Simulcast, and the Oxford site. New Madison County site search is still ongoing.. But should be done by January at the latest and a new site built by 2020. If nothing delays this... Currently an SOW in Canton.... So anyone in that area can log it please?

cajunjerry

I will get coming through there after the 4th..ok what are you saying about camp shelby? Is there no need to program anything related to camp shelby?

INDY72

They are finishing up the build of an 2 cell Simulcast Site on Camp Shelby grounds, and its supposed to go live in August. Also finishing up the Oxford water tower Site, also to go live August. About to build the new Parchmann Site, finishing up the FEMA and EPA study stuff that is the final furdle all MSWIN sites go through before build. Search is still ongoing in Madison County for spot to put up another Site, with a SOW in Canton until then. There is still the current Sites in Forrest, Lamar, Jones Counties that support the Camp Shelby stuff until the new SIte goes online. I am thinking that the Rankin County mini cell additions to that Simulcast Site are online. I believe that the Site damaged in Warren County has been repaired fully also. Natchez and Adams County should also be popping on off of that LTR Passport pretty soon, and Yazoo County should fully migrate from the LTR over the next few months. I know all of Claiborne is now on, but no one has subbed the TGs for everyone yet. And that is where my knowledge stands at this point. The current system at Camp Shelby is still online and is the main system in use as far as I know. They do have patches/links to Forrest SO, Forrest EOC, Hattiesburg PD, and Hattiesburg FD. And at one point also had linking to Lamar County SO/EOC, and Jones SO/EOC ...

cajunjerry

Great Information as always , my trip that I do each summer takes me from n w Louisiana to vicksburg on to Jackson to Harrisburg down to mobile on into Pensacola and then to ft Walton beach. If I find anything new I will post..

Hammerguy69

They are finishing up the build of an 2 cell Simulcast Site on Camp Shelby grounds, and its supposed to go live in August. Also finishing up the Oxford water tower Site, also to go live August. About to build the new Parchmann Site, finishing up the FEMA and EPA study stuff that is the final furdle all MSWIN sites go through before build. Search is still ongoing in Madison County for spot to put up another Site, with a SOW in Canton until then. There is still the current Sites in Forrest, Lamar, Jones Counties that support the Camp Shelby stuff until the new SIte goes online. I am thinking that the Rankin County mini cell additions to that Simulcast Site are online. I believe that the Site damaged in Warren County has been repaired fully also. Natchez and Adams County should also be popping on off of that LTR Passport pretty soon, and Yazoo County should fully migrate from the LTR over the next few months. I know all of Claiborne is now on, but no one has subbed the TGs for everyone yet. And that is where my knowledge stands at this point. The current system at Camp Shelby is still online and is the main system in use as far as I know. They do have patches/links to Forrest SO, Forrest EOC, Hattiesburg PD, and Hattiesburg FD. And at one point also had linking to Lamar County SO/EOC, and Jones SO/EOC ...

I don't believe that the Camp Shelby sites are simulcast but are multi cast like most of their other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.