Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I agree. Love the results from my Larsen NMO 150/450/800.
Larsen tri-band has a new NMO model with a heavy duty mount and a spring. Same antenna. I've had mine for a few weeks now. Should be a good mobile antenna for the SDS 200. My old Larson tri-band was a good match with the 536.

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
$850 after adding DMR and NXDN. ....Wow... Curious, why does DMR and NXDN cost more for one scanner, than the next, if it is just a "Licensing fee"? :unsure:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
$850 after adding DMR and NXDN. ....Wow... Curious, why does DMR and NXDN cost more for one scanner, than the next, if it is just a "Licensing fee"? :unsure:
SDS200 base price = $700
DMR upgrade = $60
NXDN upgrade = $50
Total = $810

Not sure where you're getting $850 from :cautious:

The price for the DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice upgrades is the same for all Uniden scanners that support those protocols.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
SDS200 base price = $700
DMR upgrade = $60
NXDN upgrade = $50
Total = $810

Not sure where you're getting $850 from :cautious:

The price for the DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice upgrades is the same for all Uniden scanners that support those protocols.

Bearcat Warehouse quotes $75 per. ...But I believe that's with them installing them... (Who can't operate or program a scanner, and not be able to enter the activation codes themselves?)

I am clear now, we can still get DMR and NXDN for less via Uniden.

Also, nowhere can I find the dimensions of this unit. Anyone know?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Bearcat Warehouse quotes $75 per. ...But I believe that's with them installing them... (Who can't operate or program a scanner, and not be able to enter the activation codes themselves?)

I am clear now, we can still get DMR and NXDN for less via Uniden.

Also, nowhere can I find the dimensions of this unit. Anyone know?
Yup, lowest price by getting the keys directly from my.uniden.com

Dimensions are in the first post, second bullet point: 1.5X Din-E (180 mm x 75 mm) chassis

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
My question is which place will have it soonest? I'm headed to Hamcation in Orlando & had hoped to have in hand before February 8th.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I am curious how SDS200 ethernet and future Wi-Fi capability will work. I will need to connect to my home network with WiFi because I will not be able to plug in any cat5 cable to the LAN port. I used the Sirn app outside my home network connected to VPN with the BCD536 to listen on my iPhone . I do remember Upman saying that a wireless bridge could be used.

mondaro

Feed Provider
For what it's worth I been using Scanner Master with all the setup and upgrades I am plus 900 for the radio.
One thing for certain I have NEVER had an issue with there service and the Uniden product SM Staff are always
very helpful to answer questions. Can't wait for my radio I hope to once again hear my fringe areas.

Ubbe

You can use any $20 WiFi bridge. I use several of these and have no problem with any device I use them on. You can power them from either a free USB port or using a standard power connector up to 12 volt.

https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W/
https://www.amazon.com/ESUMIC-Power-Female-Splitter-Adapter-x/dp/B00G6G5DJ0

41bVfdQ+DwL._AC_US218_.jpg
41Ok73c+UfL._AC_US218_.jpg

/Ubbe

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
You can use any $20 WiFi bridge. I use several of these and have no problem with any device I use them on. You can power them from either a free USB port or using a standard power connector up to 12 volt.

https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W/
https://www.amazon.com/ESUMIC-Power-Female-Splitter-Adapter-x/dp/B00G6G5DJ0

41bVfdQ+DwL._AC_US218_.jpg
41Ok73c+UfL._AC_US218_.jpg

/Ubbe
I would assume the WiFi bridge would power up when you you connect to the USB port A on the front of the scanner. What would be the next step to connect to your home WiFi network? I am not sure how the SDS200 is going to recognize the bridge. This is all new to me. I have never messed with a WiFi bridge before. Thanks for your help..

gillham

Feed Provider
I would assume the WiFi bridge would power up when you you connect to the USB port A on the front of the scanner. What would be the next step to connect to your home WiFi network? I am not sure how the SDS200 is going to recognize the bridge. This is all new to me. I have never messed with a WiFi bridge before. Thanks for your help..

Veering Off Topic here.. but if you look at the other photos on the product page on Amazon, it shows the different architectures for the application of the device, along with high level steps to get it online. Looks like you connect to it either via Ethernet or WiFi for setup. Then point it at your WiFi network.

gillham

Feed Provider
Last edited:

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Veering Off Topic here.. but if you look at the other photos on the product page on Amazon, it shows the different architectures for the application of the device, along with high level steps to get it online. Looks like you connect to it either via Ethernet or WiFi for setup. Then point it at your WiFi network.
Yes, but I am not sure how it would recognize the bridge to connect to the WiFi network..

Ubbe

A WiFi bridge is a link between a WiFi signal and a network cable. This particular bridge are set up when connected to your PC and using a setup program and you either search for a WiFi signal and select it and enter password, or enter the WiFi name manually if the network are not reachable at that time. It is then a transparent connection beween the network cable and the WiFi network, being it of infrastructure or access point type.

/Ubbe

trp2525

For those looking for the genuine Uniden GPS accessory for the new SDS200 (also used for the Uniden Beartracker 885 CB/scanner), the Uniden part/model number is CB-GPSK (see picture below). As of today (01-16-2019) I have only seen 3 online retailers currently listing it on their websites.

Uniden has the CB-GPSK for $49.99 plus shipping but it is currently out-of-stock: CB-GPSK - Uniden

Universal Radio has the CB-GPSK listed as Universal Radio Order #2495 with a price "To Be Announced" plus $6.95 Flat Rate Shipping (for orders up to $50): Uniden Bearcat SDS200 Scanner

Ham Radio Outlet has the CB-GPSK for $49.95 plus $9.95 Standard Shipping (if your total order is not more than $100 to qualify for FREE shipping). There is currently no stock showing at any of the 13 HRO retail stores but you can place an online order: UNIDEN CB-GPSK GPS, CBGPSK

Uniden CB-GPSK (Universal Radio #2495).jpg

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes, but I am not sure how it would recognize the bridge to connect to the WiFi network..

If your existing router has a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) function which most now do, look for a bridge that also has that function. This is what I use for quite a few applications:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018YPWORE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

All you do for setup is connect the bridge to a power supply, when it boots up press the WPS button on your router, and then press the WPS button on the bridge. The bridge will then automatically connect with your router (you don't need to search for a network or enter any passwords and you only need to do this step once). At that point, the RJ45 jack on the bridge is functionally the same as a RJ45 jack on your router.... connect any device to it with a cat5 or cat6 cable that would ordinarily need to connect to your router's RJ45 jack and setup your device (SDS200 for example) just as you would if you plugged it in directly to your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.