Inverness PD to NWCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
According to the Daily Herald (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=193154) the upcoming Inverness PD will be joining Northwest Central Dispatch.

My guess as to assignment would be dispatch on 336 (PD-2) with Palatine and Elk Grove. Since all blocks are assigned I would guess that they would use Palatines 8000 series numbers.

The new police department should be in place by April 2009 as the contract with Barrington is up then.

RADIOGUY2002

I'm confused

I'm confused, how would the sharing of channel not allow them to communicate with the schools. Whats missing here? They could always be on one of the tac talkgroups, just some re-configuration, what do I know. Will see what happens as far as nwcds. But, i'm still lost on not being able to communicate with the high school / grade school thing. Missing channel's, wrong band whats the issue?

I see what your getting at as far as the id's, they might have to spilt somthing up. Like they would be 6600 id's, might take some creativity.

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
thats initrestging since Barrington PD mobiles dont have anything other than their dispatch and tac freq in them . No school freqs

RADIOGUY2002

Sounds sucipious

Sounds sucipious, we refuse the contract and you can't share are radio net. Well nwcds is a better choice anyway in my opioion.

gorak

"The village had first approached Barrington for dispatch services, but that village said it couldn't accommodate Inverness."

As many of us know, Barrington doesn't even provide their own dispatch service (I think it's CENCOM?) and also;

"Barrington Police Chief Jeff Lawler said that if Inverness was added to their network, it would eliminate their ability to be on the same frequency as Barrington High School and both Barrington middle schools. He said it is critical for Barrington police to be able to communicate with the schools in an emergency."

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe that Barrington school district uses a police channel for regular day to day communications, however that's not to say they don't have the frequencies programmed into their radios in case of an emergency.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
They may in their portable radios. I know for sure they only have 2 F radius UHF mobiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.