Inverted display BCD996 or BCT15

pfdradio

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is familiar with the LCD display used on a BCD996 or BCT15 if there a way to invert the display to have a black background and colored characters, instead of black characters and a colored background. I think this would be a better option than the upside down display, that is in settings. I tried suggesting this as a firmware option, but if that never went anywhere.

Just looking for someone that is familiar with whatever display is used on these models knows about a wiring hack to invert the display.

Cognomen

With some LCD displays, you can reverse the polarizing film in front of the LCD glass, which will make the background dark and the characters "lit". I don't know if you can do this with the scanners' displays.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If anyone is familiar with the LCD display used on a BCD996 or BCT15 if there a way to invert the display to have a black background and colored characters, instead of black characters and a colored background. I think this would be a better option than the upside down display, that is in settings. I tried suggesting this as a firmware option, but if that never went anywhere.

Just looking for someone that is familiar with whatever display is used on these models knows about a wiring hack to invert the display.
If this desire is to help overcome a vision problem, and the scanner is used as a base at home or in the office, you can do this with ProScan's remote monitoring software on a PC.

pfdradio

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry for the confusion with the upside down comment above. This actually came to mind after using Proscan.

I would even like a remote display that could be inverted (Black Background).