Iowa State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
The ISP was using 453.950out/458.950in. It was acting like a repeater, female dispatcher. PL tone was 192.8. Do they have a UHF repeater at the state fair or something portable? Range was limited, hard to hear 15 miles away.

TIA,
Tim K.

mikeydcg2003

I'll bet it was bouncing off the IA State Fair tower which is located on the Fairgrounds @ the Pub Safety Building. It might also have been a UHF Uplink to the ISF Trunk. I didn't have my scanner out there this year so didn't catch the good action

bar422

I thought they always used their car to car channel or the trunking system the fair has. I'm not sure though since I didn't get there this year.

timkilbride

Database Admin
It wasn't linked into the State Fair TRS as far as I could tell. I was monitoring the State Fair TRS with my scanner and 453.950 on my ham radio. I didn't hear any car to car traffic either. The hot frequency I found was the one I listed above. They were running 10-27's ect... through the 453.950 repeater/frequency. I saw a few ISP personal, all were only carrying there state issued HT's, the Motorola Viser(sp?).

Looking at the FCC stuff, they have a FB2T listing for 453.950 with 10 Watts output/20 ERP. The 10 watts does make sense as I didn't hear it that far away. They must have setup a temporary repeater for the state fair, or maybe it is setup year round and just turned on during the fair. Per the FCC, they can set one up anywhere in Iowa, except with in a 50 mile radius of Omaha, NE.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The only time I saw a trooper walking he had a small radio on his belt. About the size of visar or FRS type radio.

I Did a ridealong a few years back and they were using visars

Status
Not open for further replies.