IPN & RR Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Unfortunately that's what happens when outfits like IPN and BNN provide incentives to "dispatchers", especially when you're dealing with young guys. They're supposed to "dispatch" based on what they've heard firsthand, but they often use local resources such as forums, twitter feeds or incident alert groups to steal the info from. Of course it wouldn't be such a big deal if these outfits weren't charging for the service. We've caught unscrupulous "dispatchers" stealing info a number of times by throwing in a few completely fictitious alerts on our board/twitter from time to time, only to see them paged a few minutes later. While it's definitely amusing to see these morons paging a completely made up event, only to have to retract and maybe explain where it came from...it's also pathetic and aggravating to catch them in the act.

madhatter66

I am an IPN dispatcher, and seems like every page I send out I get a nastygram back from them... Last one was my use of "ER" instead of "enrt"... I am just about fed up with them to the point of quitting... I dispatched a large pursuit a while back, and sent a total of 4 pages with updates, and about got fired... I am waiting on my nastygram from my shots fired page from last night... I am sure i will get one tomorrow when they will be back in the office... They really badger you to death and the reward for doing it just isn't there... If there was something to provide more incentive, like maybe through the partnership with RR, you get a free premium membership people might be more inclined to stay with them...

Last edited:

mkescan

Back when I was IPN dispatcher, they always said heavy smoke showing from a dwelling should not be sent out as 1 Alarm unless they mention fire. Person shot during a robbery was Major Crime and should not be sent out as shooting. When I started my own free incident group for Wisconsin, I was told by one of the IPN owners that nobody will join the group or believe something posted in a public forum.
Now we have media from all over the state as members, even the AP. Also lot of Fire, Police & Emergency Managements.
Radioreference.com could make a lot of money if they had their own incident dispatchers for every state with a feed. Premium members could get email alerts for that state saying something like
1 Alarm fire in Milwaukee at Water & Wisconsin, then include link to the Milwaukee Fire feed.

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know what freq IPN uses for pages,on there system?

Status
Not open for further replies.