TRX-1: Is there a recording duration limit?

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
I was trying to record some open wireless mics earlier and I noticed it seemed to stop after 10 minutes each time. I tried with the squelch open all the way as well as on at regular setting and both times it stopped hard after 10 minutes left unattended and only periodically made a few 2 to 3 second recordings during the remaining 30 minutes each recording session. Why won't it just restart a new file every 10 minutes and keep going? Is there anyway to remove this limit? I know my bcd436hp had that issue with Discovery Mode but I was able to bypass it by modifying one of the text files after finding a youtube tutorial.

Ubbe

Was that in Tune mode, search mode, or scan mode?
I recorded in Tune mode and the file stopped at 12:42 and then it created two more recording files but with no audio data.
I'm interested to know more about that BCD436 textfile edit that made it possible to record bigger files.

/Ubbe

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Was that in Tune mode, search mode, or scan mode?
I recorded in Tune mode and the file stopped at 12:42 and then it created two more recording files but with no audio data.
I'm interested to know more about that BCD436 textfile edit that made it possible to record bigger files.

/Ubbe
Oh ok that's good to know, I was gonna give it another try in tune mode but it sounds you encountered the exact same issue as me, I guess it varies by how much detail there is in the audio but it seems like it will cut out around a specified size. Mine was also the same 2 or 3 audio files after but only 2-3 seconds of audio. Mine was set in the scan mode as I had programmed the churches wireless mic frequency in the night before to be prepared.

Here's the video that showed me how to extend record time on my 436hp so we don't have to ask UPman (may he rest in peace) since it's the TRX1 whistler that's being a problem and not the uniden: