Isabella County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

Ray_Air,

The 5th frequency you are probably looking for is 159.210, which was the old LEIN channel before the switchover.
154.875 was the old County Primary channel, and 156.180 was the Road Commission channel.
As for the CMU DMR, 155.82 was the Maintenance channel, so you would probably find CMU Maintenance on that DMR system.
The 151.025 frequency would be Clare County Road Commission.
Isabella County Law Enforcement is on MPSCS. I don't know if they have links into the DMR system.
I hope this helps,

-Gary

Thanks, I was only limit searching 151-157 MHz.
So your MotoTRBO Cap+ system is:

I just don't know who exactly is using this system. Is it Mt Pleasant Police or multiple agencies in the county? I'm going to guess just Mt Pleasant Police because TG 214 was the only one coming up, but voice traffic was heavy.

Just sucks they're using EP. Seems whoever installed the TRBO systems in that part of the state likes checking the privacy box.

DMR down here is 99% unencrypted.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
The Isabella County MPSCS TGs are:
3280-P911-County Sheriff, Mt. Pleasant City Police, and MSP
13176-LEIN
3832-Tribal Police
13147-CMU Campus Police-primary
13148-CMU Campus Police-secondary
3323-Isabella County Common
In addition, there 5 different TAC TGs between the county law enforcement agencies.
They originally switched over to DMR in June last year, then 2 months later switched to MPSCS.
Try figuring that move out. I suspect that the DMR system is the one they were on, but I don't know who is using it now.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep known for a few years that when it come to DMR use percentage used in a county, Isabella IMHO leads the state in that unfortunately.
With the police switch to MPSCS clearly they still remain in the same situation.
The MT. Pleasant DPW shows MotoTrbo is in its future apparently too. Add in the 453MHz area, jail, bus system and including a new
MT. Pleasant school bus system that shows MotoTrbo emissions.
ULS Application - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked - 0006851346 - ISABELLA, COUNTY OF

For reference county listing Isabella County, Michigan (MI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
I can see all be it even one sale person pushing DMR in the county I wouldn't be surprised.

Also too is 154.205 DMR used by Mt. Pleasant city fire.

That 155.130 mentioned is used by Gratiot fire responders as was mentioned in the Gratiot thread.

Nearly a rule of thumb you will find is that from my area of mid-MI north is that most road commissions and
county bus systems use DMR including Isabella.

RayAir

The Isabella County MPSCS TGs are:
3280-P911-County Sheriff, Mt. Pleasant City Police, and MSP
13176-LEIN
3832-Tribal Police
13147-CMU Campus Police-primary
13148-CMU Campus Police-secondary
3323-Isabella County Common
In addition, there 5 different TAC TGs between the county law enforcement agencies.
They originally switched over to DMR in June last year, then 2 months later switched to MPSCS.
Try figuring that move out. I suspect that the DMR system is the one they were on, but I don't know who is using it now.

Good to hear LE is on MPSCS. Hopefully in the clear.

I didn't check all my logs, but I did notice my screenshot the same radio ID is the one making the transmissions on the Cap+ over and over.

That would lead me to guess its an announcement channel or a patch TG from another system (MPSCS?) at this time.

Maybe they're patching their MPSCS TG to DMR?

RayAir

Road commissions, school buses, entertainment venues, and city DPW down here have been converting to DMR over the last couple years too.

It's fairly easy to listen to DMR if it's not encrypted.

No PD or FD uses it by me, but most EMS, private police, security and business users do.

The change over the last few years has been incredible. They are really hawking those TRBO systems to everyone.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Fortunately, I haven't heard any encryption on the Isabella TGs in nearly a year of being on MPSCS, not even on their TAC TGs.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Definitely. The Mt. Pleasant tower is the one tower you will hear them the most. They also appear on towers in surrounding counties like the Big Rapids, Halls Corner, Phelps, and Stanton towers, or the Midland Simulcast (2 of the towers in the simulcast are only 10-15 miles from Mt. Pleasant, so the talkgroups would appear here more than on the other surrounding towers).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.