ISS packet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ind224

Spacewalks completed for a bit packet should be up I have heard literally nothing on several passes....144.390 working /decoding so I know the settings are right. Anyone trying?

wtp

i can't decode it, but i keep an ear on those and 145.8 in a radio that runs all day.
i get VERY little anymore.
also the uplink to the iss packet is 145.825.

royldean

ISS is finishing up with the Cygnus and is ready kick it off the station (to eventually release HuskySat and a few other secondary payloads before burning up on re-entry). In any case, it's standard operating procedure to turn off the amateur radios during these processes. Check here for updates:

It appears that the digipeater is on right now, however.

ind224

Just had a SSTV pass below Florida and into the Atlantic; got part of image 3/12 next pass in about an hour should be directly over Indy. Yeah, everything was shut off for a couple months; thats why I expected more folks to be chomping at the bit to get back to it. Side note, I have a terrible slant issue with the PD 120 / 180 using MMSTV and have to resync and resync and resync, the old format never did that.

royldean

Just had a SSTV pass below Florida and into the Atlantic; got part of image 3/12 next pass in about an hour should be directly over Indy. Yeah, everything was shut off for a couple months; thats why I expected more folks to be chomping at the bit to get back to it. Side note, I have a terrible slant issue with the PD 120 / 180 using MMSTV and have to resync and resync and resync, the old format never did that.

Packet has been on reliably for like a year.... only been shut off periodically for berthings and dockings.

SSTV was only supposed to go until 19:00z (2pm EST), so not sure you will see anything on the next pass (if you do, you've gotten lucky and the cosmonaut forgot to turn off the SSTV system). Activity resumes between 15:00z and 17:30z tomorrow (I suspect those might be difficult for us in the US, though - but haven't looked at the passes to be sure).

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
The ISS was sending SSTV images at the end of December 2019. I captured a few.

I prefer PD 120 over PD 180 as I usually receive two images very well with the shorter time frame of on/off. I do not have the sync issues you are having.

ind224

I figured it out. I keep wanting signal on passes less than 20* above my horizon. Now that I get a good visual pass @ 70* Packet is inop and they have a supply ship docked. Such is life. Happy listening to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.