SDS100/SDS200: Issues with System Quick Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

rslight512

Hello all,
I have 3 P25 systems programmed into 1 favorites list. The favorites list is assigned quick key 0.
Each system is assigned its own quick key 0,1,2. And all the various departments and sites are assigned quick keys as well. I am able to toggle the favorites list as well as the department and sites. They all work as expected.

The trouble arises if I toggle off a system with a quick Key. They will toggle off but will not toggle back on. The only way to turn them back on is to set the system quick keys back to none. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

Kevin

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The trouble arises if I toggle off a system with a quick Key. They will toggle off but will not toggle back on. The only way to turn them back on is to set the system quick keys back to none. What am I missing?

Question 1: Are you saying if you toggle one system off with a System Quick Key, all Systems toggle off at the same time?

Question 2: So if System Quick Key 0 is active and you press the sequence 0.0 Eyes, are systems with System Quick Keys 1 and 2 still active?

Question 3: If you toggle all System Quick Keys off, do you see "Nothing to scan"? (You should if the programming you describe is all that is in the scanner).

Question 4: Can you export your Favorites List to an HPE file, zip it and attach it to a reply? Might be one of those a look is needed.

rslight512

Question 1: No, They toggle off individually.

Question 2: Yes, 1 and 2 would remain active.

Question 3: Yes, "Nothing to scan" Appears if i toggle them all off.

The problem is, Once the System quick keys are toggled off, I cannot toggle them back on. I have to go into the scanner and set the system quick keys to "none" to get the systems to scan again.

Question 4: I Recreated my favorites list and eliminated the the system quick keys. I put each system in a separate favorites list. But I will re-create what I had tomorrow, and attach it.

Thank you for your reply.

Kevin

JoeyC

Not sure if this is your scenario or not, but If you shut off ALL systems in a FL, you must use the FULL quick key path to reenable. For FL 0 and System 1, you can turn OFF the system with . 1 - but you must use 0 . 1 to turn it back on, unless another system is still active in the enabled FL, in that case you can turn it back on with just the shortcut . 1

Hope that makes sense

rslight512

Not sure if this is your scenario or not, but If you shut off ALL systems in a FL, you must use the FULL quick key path to reenable. For FL 0 and System 1, you can turn OFF the system with . 1 - but you must use 0 . 1 to turn it back on, unless another system is still active in the enabled FL, in that case you can turn it back on with just the shortcut . 1

Hope that makes sense
Yes, That was exactly the issue, Thank you. The manual is so vague!

Thank you so much, not sure I would have ever figured that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.