SDS100/SDS200: J401?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
After more than a month of waiting, I called Uniden‘s repair center to check on the status of my SDS100. (It was exhibiting signs of the dreaded cold-solder-joint affliction.)

I was told they were working on it last night and that the technician’s notes said something about “corrosion” (!?) and part J401. He didn’t know what “J401” was.

Does anyone out there know what part J401 is?

Thanks.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Search brought up quite a few posts on that....

Thanks, fxdscon! I don't know why I didn't think to run a search in the first place . . . some of those search results were in a thread I launched myself when my SDS100 began to exhibit problems. I guess my memory for details like that ain't what it used to be.

It looks like part J401 is that 40-pin connector that fails as a result of the cold solder joint issue.

Here's hoping it comes back from Uniden repaired and in working condition, and I don't have to go through the same problems some of the other folks have had with multiple trips to the repair shop.

Thanks again.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Search brought up quite a few posts on that....

Me again, fxdscon . . . I somehow managed to enter my response to your message as part of your own message . . . couldn't have done that on purpose . . .

In any event, here's my intended response:

Thanks, fxdscon! I don't know why I didn't think to run a search in the first place . . . some of those search results were in a thread I launched myself when my SDS100 began to exhibit problems. I guess my memory for details like that ain't what it used to be.

It looks like part J401 is that 40-pin connector that fails as a result of the cold solder joint issue.

Here's hoping it comes back from Uniden repaired and in working condition, and I don't have to go through the same problems some of the other folks have had with multiple trips to the repair shop.

Thanks again.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

Status
Not open for further replies.