Jackson 462.700 CW ID

dppoole

Premium Subscriber
I’m periodically in Jackson and regularly scan while I’m in town. For several years I have been hearing a CW ID (which I can’t ever hear well enough to decode) on 462.700. Obviously that’s a GMRS frequency but I never hear anything on that frequency that seems to be a repeater traffic. Does anyone know if this could be an old previously granted license that’s grandfathered? I can’t find anything in the ULS that matches up. Thanks
David
K5DPP
WQJZ 921

ecps92

I’m periodically in Jackson and regularly scan while I’m in town. For several years I have been hearing a CW ID (which I can’t ever hear well enough to decode) on 462.700. Obviously that’s a GMRS frequency but I never hear anything on that frequency that seems to be a repeater traffic. Does anyone know if this could be an old previously granted license that’s grandfathered? I can’t find anything in the ULS that matches up. Thanks
David
K5DPP
WQJZ 921
GMRS is assigned all frequencies, the ability to look those up in the FCC by a Freq ended when the Licenses began being assigned/allowed ALL GMRS frequencies vs being limited to asking for two Frequencies.

Your best bet is to capture the ID Call sign and look it up