Jackson County Fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay320

On Jackson County fire radios what is channel 3? I hear FD's often switching over to that channel, is that the particular FDs personal channel, or some other fire ground channel?

What channel/freq do FDs use the most for fire ops? Other than the dispatch channel of course.

Thanks much.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
In the past, Channel 3 was the state of Michigan DNR Fireground frequency, which is 154.295 MHz. Since Jackson County is going narrowband, they are implementing the MABAS Michigan fire tactical frequencies. These are used in many states for fire suppression activities.

73s

Ron

Clay320

Thanks Thunderbolt, I'll put the DNR and MABAS freqs in and see what I get. I'm out of the Jackson area today so I'll report back hopefully during the week.

Clay320

Check on the Jackson Co. page for Channel 3.

I did check the database first, it gave listings for what would be Fire Channels 1-2 & 4-8, but no channel 3 that I saw, which is why I thought it may be the local channels for each FD that's listed under the municipalities.

I haven't caught any fires or large indicants yet where fire ground channels would be used. I did hear a few short bits of something on the MABAS Statewide Fireground 9 (154.30250) but nothing else yet. I'll try to report back on what freqs they're using next time I catch a fire.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Hello
When they are on scene they usually switch to 154.355 pl.192.8 fire ground but you usually have to be pretty close to hear the comms, radio to radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.