Jackson County going P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadioGuru

Jackson County E911 have announced they are going to be moving to P25 system. Currently with the budget being $6 million dollar for the upgrade, I'd dare to say they will probably be converting their SmartZone system to P25 using the MSWIN system core, which would make sense. It still amazes me how far behind the Gulf Coast has been on adoption MSWIN when it was literally started and created for them in mind. The largest county still seems to be set on their Harris system with no upgrade path.

Link: Jackson County upgrading 911 dispatch system

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yes, conversion of at least 1 site, and buying new radios is about all 6 million will get them. TO fully convert everything to an P25 stand alone, or convert all sites to MSWIN would be closer to 20 million or more. As to upgrade via Harris, for about same 20 or more million they could fully convert to an Harris P25ip.... Initially I thought that that was the plan. But still, ONLY 6 million is not much to spend when your talking upgrading an entire County to an P25 system. Hell, its costing us with other upgrades involved also in the project, 39 million to get 2 simulcasts upgraded, replace bunch of old XTS with APX, add in new joint ops criminal info center etc... And yes, upgrade our core to Phase II capable...

scanphreak

I was recently informed that Moss Point is now P25 as of this week, including both Police and Fire. Has anyone else caught this yet? No update to the database.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
Police and fire dispatch talkgroups were submitted and I added them. I left the old channels in the database, but renamed them with "analog" for now. Just in case they're still being used as a backup or anything.

scanphreak

Gautier PD has finally caught up. So I guess all law enforcement in the county is now P25. I'm listening to GAUTIER PD on a newly assigned talkgroup. 27504 I don't have info on the city FD yet but I'm sure its just a matter of time to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.