JefaTech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grodgers

Anyone ever bought cabling from JefaTech? At $0.43/ft, their LMR-400 equivalent cable looks very attractive. Attenuation numbers are about identical to that of Times and others.

I ordered a 40' run to replace a 50' run of RG-58. I'm in a hole with terrible reception - and figure that anything I can do to to reduce attenuation is a good thing. Looks like a very good (4db less loss) loss reduction at 400mhz and and a 5db loss reduction at 800mhz. I think it should make a difference on marginal signals - am i correct in my thinking?

I just put a Radio Shack discone antenna in my attic (yes, i know outside would be much better, but not an option). I saw some improvement with it, but since signal quality is so poor (esp. for the local 400mhz band) , I think that my RG-58 is just eating up all the signal.

Last edited:

prcguy

I know lots of people who have purchased LMR-400 from JefaTech and they used to carry Commscope brand. Very good stuff!
prcguy
Anyone ever bought cabling from JefaTech? At $0.43/ft, their LMR-400 equivalent cable looks very attractive. Attenuation numbers are about identical to that of Times and others.

I ordered a 40' run to replace a 50' run of RG-58. I'm in a hole with terrible reception - and figure that anything I can do to to reduce attenuation is a good thing. Looks like a very good (4db less loss) loss reduction at 400mhz and and a 5db loss reduction at 800mhz. I think it should make a difference on marginal signals - am i correct in my thinking?

I just put a Radio Shack discone antenna in my attic (yes, i know outside would be much better, but not an option). I saw some improvement with it, but since signal quality is so poor (esp. for the local 400mhz band) , I think that my RG-58 is just eating up all the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.