Jefferson County Sherriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I'm not hearing the JeffCo Sherriff dispatch. Are they encrypted? Or am I the only one not hearing them?

Yes, All Jeffco law is full time encrypted. So is all St Louis county law as well. Jeffco law was fully encrypted from the instant they turned the Slater system on for the users to use.

Scroll through the talkgroups at this link for the Slater system which Jeffco is on St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER) Trunking System, St Louis Metro Area, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies and look under the Mode Column.
Any talkgroups that have a capital E listed in the mode column are fully encrypted. A lowercase e is part time encryption heard on that talkgroup if you ever see that on other systems. Slater is either full encryption or none, no part time users heard.

Last edited:

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I may be wrong but you can still hear the Festus, Herculaneum etc area PD's on VHF. You might see if that's still true.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Good point, scanman. There are definitely a some towns/cities within that county still on their old analog systems like you mentioned. Some are also in the clear on the Slater site. At lease one was also still on their old analog system and simulcasting on Slater but I don't recall who nor do I know if they still do that today or have finally moved full time to Slater.
I always forget about those analog towns as my main interest was Jeffco's Sheriff department dispatch from the county which I do miss since they went to Slater with encryption enabled from the moment they moved off analog!
I've not lived out that way in years but Jeffco Sheriff was a fun one to monitor long after I moved back here to ST Louis county!

rippedradio

Premium Subscriber
Even though Jefferson County Police dispatch is encrypted there is PLENTY still unencrypted to listen to. Festus, Herculaneum, Crystal City and other smaller areas. Also there is an area wide MSHP frequency that even though you do not hear the call on JeffCo you will still hear there as it is not encrypted. This is an area wide Troop C frequency so you hear ANY call that requires a trooper. These calls are from ALL OVER the STL area. So even though it's missed on the JeffCo frequency I still hear a LOT of call over the MSHP Frequency.

SCANNERGUY35

I know I am late to this conversation but, I am from JeffCo. Crystal City has been digi and encrypted ever since JeffCo 911 switched. The only ones that did not switch was Festus and Pevely. Festus is now digital and encrypted. The ONLY analog frequency left in the entire county (considering LE, Fire & EMS) is Pevely PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.