Just Found My First Ever LRRP Frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
Finally found one! YES!!! Now for the questions. What does "LRRP" stand for? On the Event Log, what do "Tgt=64250" and "Src=2482" mean? And, what does "ARS" stand for? Shouldn't every row have coordinates? Thanks.

Attachments

• Event Log.jpg
    Event Log.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 928
Last edited by a moderator:

CanesFan95

So if I'm looking at a map point, what to the top 3 numbers mean? "696", "113", and "5/6"? I'm assuming the timestamp is when the radio sent the beacon with its coordinates, and the "0 mph" is how fast they're moving? Do LRRP transmissions occur on one slot while voice can be used on the other slot at the same time?

Attachments

• Map Point.PNG
    Map Point.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 678

CanesFan95

What are these server names for and what does the downloading part mean?

Attachments

• LRRP 1.PNG
    LRRP 1.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 816

CanesFan95

Looking at the DSD+ window, does anyone know what the "1/2 data" thing means? How come DSD+ scrolls a lot of stuff even when no one is talking and there's no LRRP data points coming through. What is all the extra stuff that DMR systems transmit while idle?

And, there's a thing that says "Raw data:" with a bunch of hex numbers. Does anyone on here know what this means? And the "Rate 1/2 Data ?" with a port number of some sort. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSD Plus One Half Data.jpg
    DSD Plus One Half Data.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 884
  • DSD Plus Raw Data.jpg
    DSD Plus Raw Data.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 743

a417

What are these server names for and what does the downloading part mean?

you're asking what the server names are, and what downloading means? :confused:

the program is looking at open street map servers and it's downloading a PNG (portable network graphic) file for a map tile. I literally opened the program, watched it download 4 map tiles after running the LRRP program, and it populated a window with them.

Last edited:

a417

Looking at the DSD+ window, does anyone know what the "1/2 data" thing means? How come DSD+ scrolls a lot of stuff even when no one is talking and there's no LRRP data points coming through. What is all the extra stuff that DMR systems transmit while idle?

And, there's a thing that says "Raw data:" with a bunch of hex numbers. Does anyone on here know what this means? And the "Rate 1/2 Data ?" with a port number of some sort. Thanks.

DSD+ is literally allowing you to see what is coming over the data stream, that is why you are seeing things when they appear idle...the data stream is getting, well...data that allows the system to work. Just because you don't see, hear, or notice traffic, doesn't mean the system isn't doing behind the scenes work to allow radios to be aware there is a system up and running. Its not like the system goes away when no one is actively using it. Do you think your computer is only using the internet when you are actively typing? Watch your "ACT" light on your router and you'll notice that it's ALWAYS going.

As for the "Raw data:" part, I thought that would be self explanatory - the program is dumping what it recieved to the console line, as for whatever reason, it was unable to decode it.

nd5y

"Src" is the source radio ID that is currently transmitting.
"Tgt" is the target radio ID or talkgroup ID that traffic is being sent to.
"Idle" is repeater hang time when no data or voice is being sent.

kma371

QRT
Finally found one! YES!!! Now for the questions. What does "LRRP" stand for? On the Event Log, what do "Tgt=64250" and "Src=2482" mean? And, what does "ARS" stand for? Shouldn't every row have coordinates? Thanks.

Location Request Response Protocol

CanesFan95

God, whoever wrote this software must be a genius. This is a garbage truck company and the data points are all over the county. It looks like every time the same unit sends a beacon, the old beacons from that same unit are left on the map. The map is flooded with old data points. Is there a way to make it automatically delete a unit's old data points whenever a new beacon is sent?

a417

have you RTFM?

When I launch LRRP from the command line, the executable window pops and the last line says "Press ? for active keys list". I press "?" and another window that pops up listing active keys, seventh item down is "L = show Last datapoint". Have you tried that?

I have no interest in running LRRP, so I have not tried it...but perhaps you can, and might find out this is what you are looking for.

CanesFan95

But I'm not seeing that there is any manual for LRRP.exe, unless I'm missing a file or something.

a417

Apologies, should have said "Look before you leap".

have you tried my suggestion? Do you actually read what the program says when it launches?

CanesFan95

Yes, I actually tried the ? before, but didn't realize "show Last datapoint" meant that it would remove all the old datapoints for the same ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.