Kawartha Lakes Fire & Rescue

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
Kawartha Lakes Fire & Rescue recently migrated to Digital/DMR.
I upgraded my SDS200 with the DMR upgrade, and did not expect to hear anything on the CKL Fire & Rescue channels as they are listed as Encrypted.
Tonight I heard unit 15-11 (Kirkfield Pumper) calling Fire Control on the Northwest Repeater (Kirkfield) in the clear several times with status, and when Fire Control replied, the SDS200 displayed the ENCR symbol indicating Fire Control transmissions were encrypted.

gary123

It is possible to encrypt dispatch and not the mobiles. Be happy you can hear some of the transmissions.

LukesFather059

Premium Subscriber
Kawartha Lakes Fire & Rescue recently migrated to Digital/DMR.
I upgraded my SDS200 with the DMR upgrade, and did not expect to hear anything on the CKL Fire & Rescue channels as they are listed as Encrypted.
Tonight I heard unit 15-11 (Kirkfield Pumper) calling Fire Control on the Northwest Repeater (Kirkfield) in the clear several times with status, and when Fire Control replied, the SDS200 displayed the ENCR symbol indicating Fire Control transmissions were encrypted.

Any idea of the Time Slots and Colour Code settings?

Mike2255

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD325P2 with the DMR upgrade and not having luck getting CKL Fire on it, any help appreciated. Also have same portable radio as they use, a XPR 6550. If anyone could help me programming it.

mciupa

It is an encrypted system. However, the thread creator at the top of the page said a unit called in the clear to Fire Control, who answered encrypted.

For the BCD 325P2, make sure you set it up as One Fequency Trunk (OFT) Do this for all the sites for each individual frequency in the database list. You should have four separate OFT systems. Enter the Colour Codes. Put the scanner in ID Search mode.

Mike2255

Premium Subscriber
For the BCD 325P2, make sure you set it up as One Fequency Trunk (OFT) Do this for all the sites for each individual frequency in the database list. You should have four separate OFT systems. Enter the Colour Codes. Put the scanner in ID Search mode.
Is it under DMR or MotoTRBO?

mciupa

Start from Menu, Select System. Go to New System, Under Select Sys Type:

Select DMR/MotoTRBO then E
In the DMR/MotoTRBO list scroll to One-Freq Trunk
Confirm? E

Enter the different frequencies four separate times once for each site. Enter the color code, and ID SEARCH: On

It will take a while but you should have four new systems with four consecutive site numbers with a D

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
CKL Fire is ENCRYPTED, which means that in addition to being Digital/DMR, they use a key to scramble the digital signal so only their radios with the key can decode the digital scramble.