• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

kenwood .jkefa for registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Hello

is there a dealer here that can provide me a legitimate .jkefa key so I can register my KPT-300 with kenwood and create an account.

Colton25

I need the same file, I guess i didn't get it when I purchased the software. Waiting for my dealer to email me back.

Hello

is there a dealer here that can provide me a legitimate .jkefa key so I can register my KPT-300 with kenwood and create an account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Me Three. I got an email from Kenwood containing jkefr and jkefs files for for my programming software and radio options but there is no jkefa for the 300LMC. They did send the actual program KPT-300LMC as well as KPG-D1N. The radio itself has not yet arrived from dealer. So, why no jkefa? I have an account number and invoice number in email as well. I'm completely new to this system but so far seems really odd.

Colton25

Finally received a response from my dealer. He looked through everything he was sent and he also came up empty. Obviously the registration doesn't need to be completed prior to using the programming software or else I would've noticed this a year ago. You will need it if you plan on adding features to the radio. So Kenwood sent my dealer a request form that he had to fill out and send back. He says once they receive the request they will send him a new KPT300LMC account registration file. Looks like this file is as secure as all the others, 1 file per registration. All I can recommend is contacting your dealer, if you made a legitimate purchase there shouldn't be any issues. I do think it's interesting that I'm not the only customer that is missing this file. If anyone else is/was missing this file please add your comments so this can be resolved for good.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Obviously the registration doesn't need to be completed prior to using the programming software or else I would've noticed this a year ago.

Really? My programming software won't even open. On launch I get window says software not authorized. Curious how it gets authorized without even opening or allowing input of license.

Colton25

The software portion of KPT is open for me so anything software related I have access to. It's when I click on the tab and select hardware, that's when it tells me I need to register.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I was able to use unregistered 300LMC to unlock kpg-d1n software. And correct, the hardware part seems locked up for obvious reasons. I still don't have my radio so hopefully the jkefa will accompany it. I so wish my local dealer had come through for me (not interested in individual sales). Sooner or later I'll have to find a friendly dealer if I stick with Kenwood. Kpg-d1n is enough different from anything I've used to be a steep (lots of trial & error) learning curve. No tutorials or online help found so far. I have limits to how much time I can dedicate to it.
Anyone can contact Motorola directly and set up an account so why can I not call Kenwood to do the same?

Colton25

The help file provides a good solid footing for users new to the software. Try going through that, you can search by keyword which makes it easier. Have you read through the other forums here on RR related to the software? You will find lots of knowledge and tricks. What parts of the software are you having difficulty with?

Ok, I was able to use unregistered 300LMC to unlock kpg-d1n software. And correct, the hardware part seems locked up for obvious reasons. I still don't have my radio so hopefully the jkefa will accompany it. I so wish my local dealer had come through for me (not interested in individual sales). Sooner or later I'll have to find a friendly dealer if I stick with Kenwood. Kpg-d1n is enough different from anything I've used to be a steep (lots of trial & error) learning curve. No tutorials or online help found so far. I have limits to how much time I can dedicate to it.
Anyone can contact Motorola directly and set up an account so why can I not call Kenwood to do the same?

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
The help file provides a good solid footing for users new to the software. Try going through that, you can search by keyword which makes it easier. Have you read through the other forums here on RR related to the software? You will find lots of knowledge and tricks. What parts of the software are you having difficulty with?

Lots of unfamiliar terms and options. Status List; Persistent Group ID (is it similar to Moto receive group list? Seems you have to commit entire system to 1 list); Unit ID (if global is unchecked does that mean I can have different ID for each DMR system?); The Key assignment options bewildering (i don't want to trial and error them all);

Without radio in hand yet, I don't know how the texting/messaging is accessed and used. Wondering how the on the fly Group ID or individual ID selection from keypad works and can it reference ID name? Noticed almost nothing can be re-ordered or sorted (zone/channels).
I was able to use excel to import much of my Individual ID's and Group ID's into the Kenwood Lists from my M radio templates--so that was encouraging.

RK3AAG

Guys, know knows, how to buy Offline licenses? They are differs from standard ones. E.g. Software offline license have .JKLFS extentions, but not .JKEFS.

All off standard licenses will not work untill PC connected to Internet.

Colton25

I'm guessing you don't have access to the internet?

Guys, know knows, how to buy Offline licenses? They are differs from standard ones. E.g. Software offline license have .JKLFS extentions, but not .JKEFS.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Here's how it works:

Order option from Kenwood
USB Dongle shipped to customer (KWD-OFL-USB)
Radio feature licenses authenticated by KPT-300LMC (ESN not required)
USB Dongle paired with radios in offline/remote field area.
USB Dongle returned to area where you have internet access.
ESN information uploaded to the Kenwood licensing server.

It requires KPT-300LMC version 1.10 or later.

So, you'd order the option from your dealer and make sure they know it'll be installed in a location you do not have internet access. Kenwood ships the USB key. You update your radio. KPT-300 puts the radio ESN on the key. When you get back to civilization, KPT-300 uploads to Kenwood with the ESN of the radio that was updated.

RK3AAG

mmckenna,

Thanks! Great info.

But as I can see, Offline licenses valid for Software only. Because LMC accepts .JKLFS files. But in Radio mode left panel has nothing on file type accepted.

Can you clarify this moment?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Software; does not require registration of the LMC.
KPG-D1 AND D2 software, use the software authentication portion to authorize the software.

Radio features licenses, blue tooth, sd card, fpp, p25, dmr, ect. require KPT-300LMC to be registered
so that the files can be pushed to the radio from an authorized individuals / dealers. This registration
identifies who put it into the radio and when. (i will not go into further detail on this)

If you have question about feature licenses, please contact your dealer.

dapaq2

As info and a heads up guys. If you should format the computer and reinstall the operating system for any reason, you will need to get a new key for the KPT-300, the license key for the KPT-300 does not cost you anything but you will need to ask the dealer for a new key as the program/key is not linked to the computer's hardware or mac address, it is somehow tied into the software installation on that computer. And additionally before you format the computer, be sure to cancel any licenses that you have activated on the computer, if you don't, the Kenwood servers will think the licenses are still being used and will not let you reactivate them on the same computer with the fresh installation of the operating system. You will loose those licenses that you already paid for forever and will have to purchase a completely new license for each program that was not cancelled prior to formatting the pc!

Doug

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
Can someone or does anyone have knowledge of what all of the file extensions belong to? Like does .JKEFA go with the D1N software or a radio. What would a license key extension be for a radio? Just looking for some resources. Gotta love Kenwood for making it confusing

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Can someone or does anyone have knowledge of what all of the file extensions belong to? Like does .JKEFA go with the D1N software or a radio. What would a license key extension be for a radio? Just looking for some resources. Gotta love Kenwood for making it confusing

The account activation key. JKEFA

1 - this is ment for DEALERS, while some have their own activations, it is for the enabling of FEATURE
LICENSES (which is to be done at THE DEALER) YOU BRICK IT WITH A "MAC", IT IS YOUR PROBLEM, NOT THE DEALERS, NOT KENWOODS. STOP USING PARALLELS WITH THIS SOFTWARE! Use a windows PC. PERIOD.

2 - Software and KPT300 can be activated and deactivate without the need of the account key.
JKEFS keys are your software license keys

3 - The license features are assigned to the dealer and tracked that way for warranty reasons
JKEFR keys are the feature key files, and after 72 hours, become expired and CAN NOT be
removed from said radio(s). They are now permanent to that radio.

4- Just let your dealer do it and move on, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

You will have to work with your dealer to iron out anything above and beyond this.

Status
Not open for further replies.