• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-5700 K Issue

jasej

Is the radio programmed with any channels? What does the screen say?

This part makes us wonder:
" The data cannot be read from this transceiver because
the data include a funtion which cannot be configured whit this FPU "

What feature it is that the KPG-D1N can't handle?

I've never seen this come up before, but all the radios I'm using were purchased new.

If it's a "K" market radio, that's North American market. Can't recall where it tells you what market the software is, my programming software is on a different laptop. Won't be in the shop until Friday.

OK, so questions:

Did you purchase these radios used?
-or-
Do these radios belong to an agency and are you trying to modify programming?

So, like I said, K is N.A. market.
KPG-D1N version 5.20 is newer than the 5.10 firmware version in the radio, so that's not the issue.

If you purchased these used off e-Bay, maybe return them.

Since I have trunking system keys, I've never run across the key issue before, so not sure what it would error out as. Might be the cause, but I'd not be able to check that easily. Maybe someone else can.
Hy My friend

NX-5700 K, as the software shows, and the radio label says

The radio has many channels programmed and on one channel , the display shows TX:097 RX:097 and in the upper right corner it shows the small letters ANA-N Zone 2, I think that in that zone two, there are 97 programmed channels available.

The two radios, there are only two, I'm sure they are from the USA, there they were bought used, second-hand in a place that sells that type of used devices. This purchase is final and does not accept returns, that's how it is in those types of places

These radios belong to a person who is only interested in using them for their own use, they are not interested in what is programmed in them, they need to program their frequencies

Now, I have KPGD1 version 5.20 and the radios have firmware 5.10 on them, it should at least overwrite and delete the data without a problem! As I mentioned, the radios does not have a read or write password, both are uninhibited.

I just need to try with the KPGD1N, but I don't see any difference with the KPGD1, in terms of just overwriting, we will see that

Than you my friends, for your answers

jasej

OP said these 7 Radios belong to a friend.
I have ask that the OP talk to the Dealer that sold the Radios OP does not answer this question.
The answer is talk to the dealer they can tell you.
When the I said the newest version was 5.20 OP ask where to get Software then comes up with the Software why did you not ask the dealer that you got the software from.
Back to the questions.
Are these Radios new?
Do these Radios have any programming in them.
If I had $10,000 plus in 7 Radios that the Software would not work I would be at the sellers door waiting.
If these Radios did not come from a Kenwood Brick and Mortar Dealer I would get my money back.

Hardware/ Software Requirements (General)
You must connect the transceiver to a PC using the KPG-36U/ KPG-36X/ KPG-46U/ KPG-46X programming cable.

For NX-5600H/ NX-5700H/ NX-5800H, the transceiver and a PC can also be connected by connecting the Type-B USB cable to the USB Micro Terminal. To use the USB Micro Terminal mounted on NX-5600H/ NX-5700H/ NX-5800H, the KPG-46X USB driver must be installed on a PC.

Read FPU Data Inhibition (Transceiver Settings > Optional Features > Optional Features 1 > Password > FPU Data File)
  • Transceiver Settings > Optional Features > Optional Features 1 > Password > FPU Data File

Read FPU Data Inhibition​

Help_P25
Help_NXDN
Help_DMR
Help_Analog

Read FPU Data Inhibition allows you to restrict the transceiver functions by using the FPU.

If this function is enabled, the following transceiver functions cannot be used:

Also, if this function is enabled, when the firmware is written to the transceiver, the FPU data is deleted after the firmware is updated if the firmware version to be updated is earlier than 5.00.00. If the firmware version to be updated is 5.00.00 or later, the FPU data is not deleted even if the firmware is updated.
Hi my Friend

NX-5700 K, as the software shows, and the radio label says

Yes, they are used radios, they come from a place that sells second-hand things, there are no returns available.

It has many programmed channels, as I have seen when manipulating the front channel change buttons, 97 channels in Zone 2, as shown on a display and it has 4 zones.

I don't know how much the client friend paid for them, but I do know that it is worth making them operational again, with new operating frequencies on them.

Thank you my friend, for your exact answers, which will surely end up leaving this radio in operation.

Regards

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Those are railroad channels, Kenwood may have RR only FPU like the NX-210's. I have also heard of the USFS (or some other federal government agency) that has there own version of D1N that dealers can not get.

Jim

tlemke940

Feed Provider
i second the RR software i would try dumping in new clean firmware for a regular radio and try writing over the top it might do the job

jasej

i second the RR software i would try dumping in new clean firmware for a regular radio and try writing over the top it might do the job
And yes, it could be RR information and now I have installed firmware version 4.60, which is what allowed it and it still has the same problem

jasej

Those are railroad channels, Kenwood may have RR only FPU like the NX-210's. I have also heard of the USFS (or some other federal government agency) that has there own version of D1N that dealers can not get.

Jim
Oopss, what situation do I have then !

I hope to find some kind of solution!

Thank you

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Possible that the radio was previously
Programmed with wide band D1 and he only has D1N

I can’t remember what the error is for that

jasej

Possible that the radio was previously
Programmed with wide band D1 and he only has D1N

I can’t remember what the error is for that
But, if you allow me to tell you, historically Kenwood software has allowed overwriting without problems, leaving out the situation of reading and writing passwords, if they are without them, it has always been possible to overwrite them, even if on certain occasions they are from another market

n0fwg

Premium Subscriber
New firmware will not clear the AAR channel mode.... AAR mode is marketed to Class 1 Railroads only

Need to get a experienced dealer or tech involved, to make a new codeplug that matches the capabilities of your radio. Then it should accept that codeplug

Jerry

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The radio has many channels programmed and on one channel , the display shows TX:097 RX:097 and in the upper right corner it shows the small letters ANA-N Zone 2, I think that in that zone two, there are 97 programmed channels available.

Ouch, railroad radios. Railroad radios require specific software that is not available unless you own your own railroad. I'm not even aware that dealers have access to it. Not sure if you can force non-railroad firmware into them.

The two radios, there are only two, I'm sure they are from the USA, there they were bought used, second-hand in a place that sells that type of used devices. This purchase is final and does not accept returns, that's how it is in those types of places

Buying two way radios at a Pawn Shop is a really bad idea.

Now, I have KPGD1 version 5.20 and the radios have firmware 5.10 on them, it should at least overwrite and delete the data without a problem! As I mentioned, the radios does not have a read or write password, both are uninhibited.

No, not that easy. Railroad firmware. As was suggested many, many times, you probably need to get your 'friend' to talk to a dealer and see if they can help him out.

But I'd urge caution. Railroad radios ending up in a Pawn Shop starts to sound a lot like stolen property. Railroad radios don't just magically show up. A good dealer may/should start asking questions. There's also ways to put info into the radios that tell them who it belongs to. Your friend might not like where this is going. Tell him to stop buying random radios out of Pawn Shops.

jasej

New firmware will not clear the AAR channel mode.... AAR mode is marketed to Class 1 Railroads only

Need to get a experienced dealer or tech involved, to make a new codeplug that matches the capabilities of your radio. Then it should accept that codeplug

Jerry
Ok, about everything you say, thank you.

Finally, I did it, I have already written, a blank codeplug, I deleted all the internal programming of one of the radios, but in the end I get an error, I get an error on the screen, and but I will continue, let's see how I solve that result after deleting the information!
Now I know, with the research I have done, that there is a license called SIMPLIFIED LICENSE

Now I can read and write on this first radio, but I get that error on the screen, FUNCTION ERROR.

The second radio is in the same condition, until I fix the first one I will see it

Best regards, now I'm tired, after the intense fight I've had with these radios, so thank you, good night friends.

jasej

Ouch, railroad radios. Railroad radios require specific software that is not available unless you own your own railroad. I'm not even aware that dealers have access to it. Not sure if you can force non-railroad firmware into them.

Buying two way radios at a Pawn Shop is a really bad idea.

No, not that easy. Railroad firmware. As was suggested many, many times, you probably need to get your 'friend' to talk to a dealer and see if they can help him out.

But I'd urge caution. Railroad radios ending up in a Pawn Shop starts to sound a lot like stolen property. Railroad radios don't just magically show up. A good dealer may/should start asking questions. There's also ways to put info into the radios that tell them who it belongs to. Your friend might not like where this is going. Tell him to stop buying random radios out of Pawn Shops.
Thanks for staying in touch my friend.

Finally I did it, I already wrote, a blank codeplug, I deleted all the internal programming of one of the radios,

But now I have two beautiful words on the radio screen "FEATURE ERROR".

But I will continue, let's see how I solve that result, that error after deleting the information ! If I could handle the first problem, I'm sure I can handle this error.

Now after everything I have done, I know that there is a license called SIMPLIFIED LICENSE

Thank you and good night