• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TKR-750 and TKR-850

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5ami

We recently purchased the above repeaters and wish to obtain the software to program them. While looking into this, I discovered the systems are password protected to access via the software. Bottom line; we were not given the password for either unit, and apparently will not be able to get them. My question is that if we do invest in the software, is there any way we will be able reset the password on these?

We own both these units, I have serial numbers, etc. Both are located on my property and all that. I simply need access to them considering they are our (I own one, and another person owns the other) property.

Any ideas before I purchase the programming software will be appreciated.

Av8tor56

Yes. Just open an blank code plug in the software and write it to it. Just make sure that you change the model information to reflect the model of repeater.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If the radios were password protected by the dealer that installed them, and they are not going to give you the passwords, I would do three things:
1) File a complaint with Kenwood.
2) Find another Kenwood dealer.
3) Tell anyone I know of to not use that dealer.

w5ami

Yes. Just open an blank code plug in the software and write it to it. Just make sure that you change the model information to reflect the model of repeater.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure what you mean by "open a blank code". You mean a blank entry page? If that's the case, then I assume the only thing we can't change without the current password is what is ALREADY entered/stored in the repeater? In other words, we can't edit the current data, but we can overwrite it totally with our own password... Regardless, it sounds as if we are not dead in the water, and will be able to re-program, as needed, the repeaters!

Regarding the dealer; without going into detail, he is incapacitated, and has treated us well over the years. The problem is no fault of his, or ours, but we have decided we need the ability to make a parameter change in the repeaters at a moments notice, just in case.

Thanks Again!
Brian

Thayne

Another thing is that older models use different software than the current models; if you can't find any info ask again and I can dig the info up---

w5ami

Another thing is that older models use different software than the current models; if you can't find any info ask again and I can dig the info up---

Thanks! These are virtually brand new. Bought this year, and were ordered direct from Kenwood by the dealer. Any suggestions on where to buy the software in regards to best price?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Brian

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. Not sure what you mean by "open a blank code". You mean a blank entry page? If that's the case, then I assume the only thing we can't change without the current password is what is ALREADY entered/stored in the repeater? In other words, we can't edit the current data, but we can overwrite it totally with our own password... Regardless, it sounds as if we are not dead in the water, and will be able to re-program, as needed, the repeaters!

Yes, not a problem. Open software, set the model, put in your user info (sans a password) and write it to the repeater. If it is just a plain jane repeater it would be fairly simple to set up. Freqs, QT/DQT, W/N and turn repeat on - there ya go...

w5ami

Yes, not a problem. Open software, set the model, put in your user info (sans a password) and write it to the repeater. If it is just a plain jane repeater it would be fairly simple to set up. Freqs, QT/DQT, W/N and turn repeat on - there ya go...

Oh that's great man! Thanks so much for all the info from all, it's been very helpful. Now I just need to get the software and we should be set. Again, my compliments to a very helpful group!

Brian

DODGEIT

Any Kenwood LMR dealer should have them. I don't know what it cost. If they are new then it should take the KPG-91D software. It will have the programs for both the TKR-750 and TKR-850. Just make sure you get the right frequency range for the repeater you are programming. There is a place in the software that ask you which one you need. It depends on what repeaters you have. You might see something on the repeaters like a "K" or "K2". Then select the software you need from the disc.

w5ami

Any Kenwood LMR dealer should have them. I don't know what it cost. If they are new then it should take the KPG-91D software. It will have the programs for both the TKR-750 and TKR-850. Just make sure you get the right frequency range for the repeater you are programming. There is a place in the software that ask you which one you need. It depends on what repeaters you have. You might see something on the repeaters like a "K" or "K2". Then select the software you need from the disc.

Thanks Dodgeit, I will check the model next time I go out to the repeater shack.

Again, thanks for all the help from all!

Status
Not open for further replies.