Kincardine Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudsyjkh

Hey all.
Just a bit of an observation and question for anyone in the area/know.

Back in 2015, the Municipality of Kincardine switched fire dispatch for their two stations (Kincardine and Tiverton) from a local answering service to Tillsonburg Fire/Rescue. That was a five year contract.

Now, five years later, looking at (this CAD)

Tiverton/Kincardine stations are no longer listed under Tillsonburg.
I did some looking on the municipality’s website, and every possible local news source, with absolutely nothing about them looking for/procuring a new dispatcher.

I won’t be back in that area until either Labor Day or Thanksgiving to visit family. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sudsyjkh

Just a quick update:
Confirmed, by listening to one of the Bruce County live feeds, at Kincardine’s weekly pager test time, they are indeed still using Tillsonburg for their dispatch services.

I did see that article Mike linked, but thought the info within may have been outdated.
Quite strange, Kincardine/Tiverton stations are the only ones handled by Tillsonburg not listed on that CAD.

There has been a lot of talk over the past couple years, about looking for a new/digital (joint) Grey-Bruce radio network for fire comms, given the age of current equipment/infrastructure, but seems they’re still in the early, exploratory stages.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Not sure about Bruce County but Grey is going ahead with a county wide NXDN system.

Status
Not open for further replies.