• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KNG Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Is anyone willing to share their experiences using the KNG programming software? I have experience with Kenwood and I want to know if it's as user friendly. Also it would be great if anyone would be willing to share any screenshots of the software's layout.

gtaman

Is anyone willing to share their experiences using the KNG programming software? I have experience with Kenwood and I want to know if it's as user friendly. Also it would be great if anyone would be willing to share any screenshots of the software's layout.

Very intuitive. RELM got it right. I recently switched from Neovision to RES and it's even better.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
It takes a bit of getting used to but what i like most is reading and writing to radio is very fast.
Oh also my KNG2-P800 needed a channel update and when i launched the RES software it prompted me to update it. This then made me want to look to see if a firmware update was available and sure enough there was.
I like that a lot as well.

gtaman

It takes a bit of getting used to but what i like most is reading and writing to radio is very fast.
Oh also my KNG2-P800 needed a channel update and when i launched the RES software it prompted me to update it. This then made me want to look to see if a firmware update was available and sure enough there was.
I like that a lot as well.

Oh yeah those read and write speeds. It's a blink of an eye. I was shocked I could write a codeplug that fast.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Previous BK software was as bad as moto RSS.

The KNG software is so easy to use and fast, that we (interior) started deploying it on incidents since once an incident codeplug is created, we can actually program the radios new faster then cloning.

Stupid $700 cable kills my budget, but if you're only using KNG radios, you can buy the KNG specific cable with the software reasonably.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Has anybody had a problem with their radio adapter? 2 of the gold pins have popped off mine.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Has anybody had a problem with their radio adapter? 2 of the gold pins have popped off mine.
No problem here, with pretty frequent use on both KNG and KNG2 radios (I know, I could use Bluetooth for the latter).

Call BK customer service for a replacement?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
no issue on the 4 that i'm responsible for, and they're in a pretty harsh environment

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Think ill take some pics and email the rep i purchased my radio from. I got it in December when they were on sale so it shouldnt be doing that.
But i wanted to see if it was an isolated incident.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Going to email the today and hopefully get a replacement.

Attachments

• 2017-06-07 08.42.34.jpg
    2017-06-07 08.42.34.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 379

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Follow up, With in a matter of hours of my first contact with them they are going to send me a replacement programmer.
It apparently is something they have seen before but its not a wide spread issue.
Received my radio early Jan of this year and used the programming cable maybe 20 times. So it has not had heavy use.
I will say they had good customer service.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I never unplug mine. I have several mini usb cables so i just keep mine plugged into the adapter.

The folks who helped me with the warranty stuff were very friendly.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am having an issue programming my KNG-M150 mobile radio. When writing the radio none of my CTCSS or Channel Guard Tones are coming across into the radio.

Anyone have any experience like this?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have resolved that issue with the latest firmware updates. Now I cannot get my DTMF Mic to work with my KNG-M150...

gtaman

I have resolved that issue with the latest firmware updates. Now I cannot get my DTMF Mic to work with my KNG-M150...

I would reach out to BKTechnologies about this. Like anything, one thing gets fixed something else gets broken. They will have a fix for you in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.