Knoxville Area Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

161.73000 CSQ South Central Com WIMZ 103.5
450.15000 CSQ South Central Com Yahoo Sports Radio
450.56250 CSQ WATE Interruptable Feedback
450.31250 CSQ Live TV Broadcast (maybe ESPN)

Those are the ones Ive run upon. Im not exactly sure where the repeaters are. My scanner has to be perfectly sitting in an exact spot to pickup the ESPN one. They are not played all the time from what I can tell so you will just have to listen and wait.

There is also:
C & S Communications Trunking System, Knoxville, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
but Ive never tried to program it in or see if I can even recieve it.

Did you hear about the gunman off of Cherry St today?

high_order1

C&S is a LMR company. Before cell phones, people that needed to talk but couldn't/didn't want the hassle of a private radio system rented time off of a LMR tower system. C&S is one, Central Communications is another.

It would be great to listen in on the engineering channels, but I think it'd take a lot of sleuthing. You wouldn't get a lot of juicy details anymore. Cellular ruined all of that.

Shawn

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Kville media

161.73000 CSQ South Central Com WIMZ 103.5
450.15000 CSQ South Central Com Yahoo Sports Radio
450.56250 CSQ WATE Interruptable Feedback
450.31250 CSQ Live TV Broadcast (maybe ESPN)

Those are the ones Ive run upon. Im not exactly sure where the repeaters are. My scanner has to be perfectly sitting in an exact spot to pickup the ESPN one. They are not played all the time from what I can tell so you will just have to listen and wait.

There is also:
C & S Communications Trunking System, Knoxville, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
but Ive never tried to program it in or see if I can even recieve it.

Did you hear about the gunman off of Cherry St today?

Thanks for the info. I was trying to find Media communications fo the studio, from the field, such as would have happened with the gunman.
I must nit have the right info, as I heard very little on the gunman, on the Kville police channels I have programmed.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
If it is like Nashville the TV station feeds are all microwave. Have not had audio feeds for several years.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most Mobile to Station comms are cellular, or via the microwave linking as mentioned, though a few use radios from SMR's. Very few TV Stations have a regular radio dispatching for the crews anymore. Also now the few that do the Studio/Crew radios comms, are running DMR or NXDN as far as TV... Radio stations and a few newspapers still do the old fashioned way a lot in larger markets. You will still get much more data from monitoring the Public Safety systems than you would ever get from media comms.

Status
Not open for further replies.