• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1N FPU/ASK Error

novaman64

Please bare with me as this is new to me radio and software. I picked up a NX-5700-K, then purchased the KPG-D1N wideband license from a dealer (planning on adding a 5800bk2 in the near future). I got my license activated, was able tp update the radio firmware (v5.10) and then load in some channels. Last night I went through adding some channels and making scan lists and just overall dorking with the software/cofnig. This morning I brought my laptop out to my shop to try and program in the changes I had made last night, and when I plugged in the programming cable, I had the ability to read, but not to write to the deck. I rebooted the KPG-D1N software and got the following error message:

The FPU cannot start in ASK Mode since an Access Key is not connected, or the FPUattempts to start by connecting to an Access Key which is under one of the following conditionsL
If an Access key of other models is connected.
If an Access key not supported by this FPU version is connected.
If an Access key of unsupported System Type is connected.
If an Access key not matching the License ID of this FPU is connected.
If an expired Access Key is connected.
The FPU starts after ASK Mode is disabled.

Any advice on where to start?

As a side note, my 5700 has the following activated features:
KWD-5000CH (4000CH)
KWD-5001FP (Front Panel Program)
KWD-5002SD (SD Memory Card Slot)
KWD-5003BT (Bluetooth Data)
KWD-5004MR (Multi RF Deck)
KWD-5005AE (SCM Board Control)
KWD-5006DE (DES 4 Keys)
KWD-5500EE (ENHANCED ENCRYPTION)
KWD-5100CV (P25 Conventional)
KWD-5104AP (P25 OTAP)
KWD-5105VT (P25 Voting Scan)
KWD-5107EE (P25 Enhanced Encryption)
KWD-5200CV (NXDN Conventional)
KWD-5201TR (NXDN Type-C Trunking)
KWD-5204AP (NXDN OTAP)
KWD-5300CV (DMR Conventional)
KWD-5304AP (DMR OTAP)

novaman64

Under setup in d1, turn off the ASK check mark.
Then restart d1.
That fixed the error message, thank you.

Still couldn't upload a config to the radio (greyed out). Turns out you shouldn't check the "Multi RF Deck (KWD-5007RC)" box in the product info screen if its not configured as such, yet.... :LOL:

Last edited: