KSICS KC Troop A Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfndr13

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or has the same problem. Tonight while listening to A KHP 1, I am only hearing the dispatchers, so basically half the conversation. I thouhgt maybe I had something locked out and thats not so.

I ran Pro96com with my 2096 and it shows the active voice channel when keyed up and in the Priorty column it shows "ingnore". I have never seen this status before. I don't think this is a problem on my radios as I have the same issue on both the 2096 and 396. Both are set to search/open modes. Any ideas?

Matt

Forgot to mention this is on the Bennington Tower

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
The troopers are actually using the Troop A talkgroup on the Johnson County analog system. When the dispatcher speaks it's simulcast on the KSICS system. The only way to hear both sides is to scan Johnson County. Supposedly this will change if they add another tower in the area.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
I am surprised that you are picking up Troop A on the Bennington tower at all. As I understand it, this means that someone in the vicinity of Salina has a KSICS radio affiliated with a Kansas City talkgroup. You may hear some car to dispatch traffic on A-KHP-1 as the Troopers in Leavenworth and Miami counties are using digital.

I am sure that running Pro96Com on Bennington tower you will see all kind of strange affiliations as Troopers go to the Academy in Salina and forget to switch radio talkgroups- dragging all their home radio traffic up there with them.

dfndr13

Thanks

After listening for a little while I was hearing some of the troopers on their stops or other traffic. Being on the JOCO system would explain why I would only hear only part of it.

I actually hear Troop A quite a bit, sometimes more than Troop C due to not everyone having their radios yet. Troop A, as well as Wichita are linked in the Bennington Tower, so I hear them both quite a bit.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.