LA County Base Hospital Frequencies

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if LA County Fire paramedic squads are still using the base hospital frequencies to communicate with the emergency departments? I used to listen to Orange County’s hospital frequencies in the BE era (Before E). LA County’s appear to still be in the clear, but I never hear anything on them. Thanks for any info!

Z_DEO5

Premium Subscriber
The system is still in placed and dose have 2024 guides how to use the system but the preferred method is calling by phone i've only heard traffic on there once and was because the rig phone died mid report. only med10 has decent area coverage other than that you need to be next to a busy base hospital.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Yeah all of LA County and others use cell phones or standing orders. MEDCOMM's are mostly used in rural counties and up in NorCal too like they use it a lot in Trinity County.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, everyone. Very helpful (although disappointing). Anyone got a time machine to go back to 1990? There’s some stuff I’d still like to monitor. 😂

EMTJD

Yeah all of LA County and others use cell phones or standing orders. MEDCOMM's are mostly used in rural counties and up in NorCal too like they use it a lot in Trinity County.
Yep… haven’t heard a thing on any of these channels in over 25 years. Sole exception is, as previously stated, MED10, and that’s only Orange County.

Still hear some rare activity on 155.340 (HEAR).

EMTJD

Does anyone know if LA County Fire paramedic squads are still using the base hospital frequencies to communicate with the emergency departments? I used to listen to Orange County’s hospital frequencies in the BE era (Before E). LA County’s appear to still be in the clear, but I never hear anything on them. Thanks for any info!
Still have them in my radios but haven’t heard a thing on any of them in more than 25 years. It’s all cell phones now.