LA County Sheriff Helicopter's Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekkle

I frequently have Sheriff copter flies over my house, I would really like to know why they are circling overhead. I have searched the books and internet, but can't seems to get the right frequency for their communcation between the copter and the base. what frequency are they using?

Mick

122.725 is their "Company channel." They use 123.025 also much of the time, and you'll find them on the channel of the area they're flying over if they are circling above on a call.
Pekkle said:
I frequently have Sheriff copter flies over my house, I would really like to know why they are circling overhead. I have searched the books and internet, but can't seems to get the right frequency for their communcation between the copter and the base. what frequency are they using?

DPD1

Mick said:
122.725 is their "Company channel."

Thanks, that's a new one. I know the LAPD ones, but I never thought about Sheriff. Often times the LAPD will coordinate calls between helos, so I guess Sheriffs would do that too.

Dave
-DPD Productions - Custom Scanner, MURS, & Ham Antennas-
http://eje.railfan.net/dpdp/

Pekkle

Mick said:
122.725 is their "Company channel." They use 123.025 also much of the time, and you'll find them on the channel of the area they're flying over if they are circling above on a call.

When they are cicling above my house, you mean like brandom said to check my local dispatch and tac freq?

btw, thank you guys all for the great info, I will try them the next time when they are around.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.