Lakewood System ESK

Status
Not open for further replies.

utlchris

You can expect Lakewood to flip the ESK switch the same time Denver does. This will effect Wheat Ridge and West Metro Fire as well, as they are all on the same system. :(

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Santa please update my order for two PSR-500's and a 600 for home use.

Thank you!

Jim<

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
well that does not leave much for those who can not buy the new toys. This Hobby is getting to expensive Dave H 005

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
If only GRE were to give the PSR-300/400 and Radshack PRO-163/164ESK ability they would sell like crazy in this region.

Then again it's more profitable to make you buy the $500 GRE scanner.

Users with Uniden and Uniden made for Radioshack scanners with EDACS "SCAT" capability will need to switch the trunking mode to SCAT or SCT (depending on the model) and make sure the all the frequencies for that system have the delay turned OFF. It will scan all the voice channels conventionally. And since the Wheatridge site has West Metro on it full time it shouldn't be too difficult to monitor them.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
To keep idiots with unauthorized radios from interfering/transmitting into their radio systems.

utlchris

Does this also effect the Adcom agencies ??
Dave H. 005

No, ESK is an Edacs feature only. Adcom is on the state system which is Motorola. Thus far this will effect Denver, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, & West Metro Fire.

Still to be determined are Westminster, Arvada, and Aurora.

blackice

It appears to be on now from what I can tell. I can hear the CC on LCN2 but my 97 refuses to lock onto it. I'm really hoping Arvada/Westy doesn't switch as that's what I mainly listen to.

rckydenver

It appears to be on now from what I can tell. I can hear the CC on LCN2 but my 97 refuses to lock onto it. I'm really hoping Arvada/Westy doesn't switch as that's what I mainly listen to.

I think your right, getting traffic on the PSR 500 and not on the PRO 2096 and the 96..

ch40n1k

To keep idiots with unauthorized radios from interfering/transmitting into their radio systems.

How often is this really an issue? I don't doubt you, I just wonder how often somebody intentionally interferes with a system in this manner. Not that easy to come by a radio that can transmit into their system is it?

rckydenver

K4XB

Not often - however . . .

How often is this really an issue? I don't doubt you, I just wonder how often somebody intentionally interferes with a system in this manner. Not that easy to come by a radio that can transmit into their system is it?

Not often, true, but when it occurs it can cause big problems. The Denver PS system has had at least three problems with pirate radios in the system, perhaps more by now.

There are plenty of radios out there for sale, take a look at eBay. Then it is just a matter of finding someone to program the radio - not that difficult.

Sometimes the problem can originate close to those in control of the radio system. For example:

Many years ago, shortly after Denver went EDACS, the Denver Police Transmitter (now EEB) was missing portable radios. After investigation it was discovered that one of the Radio Installers at the Transmitter was stealing radios from the store room and selling them locally at the flea market. The software for programming also can fetch a few bucks at the flea market.

K4XB
Real radios glow in the dark

Thayne

Just tried an old FMD media radio, still picking up Lakewood, so ESK must not be on now--

Status
Not open for further replies.