Laptop for programming BC250D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Hey, curious if anyone in the southern ontario area has used there laptop and a DB9-to-USB converter to program there BC250D?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
re-laptop

MetalCarnage said:
Hey, curious if anyone in the southern ontario area has used there laptop and a DB9-to-USB converter to program there BC250D?

Yes I use my BC250D and Butel Software and my Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook computer with the Usb Port with no problems.
Steve

jellotor

I have two laptops, neither of which are all that new. One is an older Compaq with no serial ports and a Belkin serial USB adapter works very well.

jellotor

Did you try the Belkin? I've used my Belkin on a few different computers and it has worked flawlessly with ARC250, various trunker programs and the like. Give it a shot, they're a bit pricey but they're worth it.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
re-what kind

MetalCarnage said:
What brand were u using....i have tried everything under the sun and am unable to get this stupid thing working

I use an adapter from Radio Shack it works great.
Steve

MetalCarnage

Saint said:
I use an adapter from Radio Shack it works great.
Steve
ya, this one works great, for everything BUT the scanner....i have a feeling its just ARC's crappy programming when it comes to I/O devices...every other piece of equipnment i have works perfectly with it

Status
Not open for further replies.