Lauttamus has acquired TriConnex from Staley Wireless

djkmeissner

Lauttamus has acquired TriConnex from Staley Wireless. According to the article in the Weirton Daily Times it will allow Lauttamus to integrating TriConnex’s network of 26 tower sites which will allow it to enhance its LauttaNet Wide Area Two-Way Radio Communications. I am not sure what LauttaNet is though? Not sure if LauttaNet is their T3 radio network or Futronics.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Lauttamus has acquired TriConnex from Staley Wireless. According to the article in the Weirton Daily Times it will allow Lauttamus to integrating TriConnex’s network of 26 tower sites which will allow it to enhance its LauttaNet Wide Area Two-Way Radio Communications. I am not sure what LauttaNet is though? Not sure if LauttaNet is their T3 radio network or Futronics.

That actually happened in 2023

Interestingly, the L site mentions 24 sites, ,and the announcement in WDT mentions 26 sites -- while we know of 33 sites in existence. I'm guessing that is because some of the sites are redundant (with Lauttamus and TriConnex both having sites in particular areas). Will be interesting to see which sites are kept (TriConnex or Lauttamus).

As far as T3, there aren't currently 24 or 26 TIII sites. I'm sure eventually there will be, but not yet.

I see Lauttamus acquired Progressive Communications out of St.C last year too. That pretty much wraps it up for "local" providers. There are still one or two down in WV, and of course the big guys out in PA. But for the WPA/EOH/NPHWV it looks like Lauttamus has it covered.

djkmeissner

That actually happened in 2023

Interestingly, the L site mentions 24 sites, ,and the announcement in WDT mentions 26 sites -- while we know of 33 sites in existence. I'm guessing that is because some of the sites are redundant (with Lauttamus and TriConnex both having sites in particular areas). Will be interesting to see which sites are kept (TriConnex or Lauttamus).

As far as T3, there aren't currently 24 or 26 TIII sites. I'm sure eventually there will be, but not yet.

I see Lauttamus acquired Progressive Communications out of St.C last year too. That pretty much wraps it up for "local" providers. There are still one or two down in WV, and of course the big guys out in PA. But for the WPA/EOH/NPHWV it looks like Lauttamus has it covered.
It was just in the newspaper so assumed it was a recent thing and not over a year ago. Lauttamus completely taking over the upper Ohio Valley now.

R_Applegate

I had a discussion with him about a month ago, he said that he had just begun to integrate about 120 newly acquired sites in several nearby states. I did not get into the details.